Also, you could try changing USB ports on the PC.  One user fixed their problem by moving the headset from a USB 3 port to a USB 2 port...apparently the headset was not compatible with USB 3.

Another user had a new usb headset. It plugged in and was recognized as a headset, but wouldn't work with P2A. He finally installed the gaming software/drivers that came with the headset, and all the problems were resolved.

Are you running P2A as Administrator?

Have you tried going to Grammar Help in P2A and trying to Practice saying "Say Altimeter", using the large PTT button in Grammar Help?  Did that work?  IF not, could you hear yourself in Replay?

as I have said before nothing gets through to p2atc because everytime I push the ptt button on the interface the microphone level is reduced to zero so grammar help doesn't hear anything

The Grammar Help screen PTT button is a different button with totally different code action.  Does it have the same effect as the one on the main screen?

Something is interfering with P2A using the microphone.  The only thing I can think is another speech driven program running, like a communications program, or Cortana, or possibly a program running in the background or security software blocking access.  That has caused a couple of other users to have problems.

Another thing to try would be to plug in a different headphone or microphone and see if it works.

I can't think of anything else to try.  Perhaps another user will think of something we've missed.

Dave

ok so it sems that my asus xonar u5 soundcard is the problem I uninstalled it and went directly in and out of the Realtek onboard sound and got it all working stand by for a purchase

Thanks again