Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest Vorlin

I'm just chuckling to myself again... as I said, when I started this mess... err, thread... I didn't expect a whole lot. Instead, I'm at a cross between feeling as if I've created a monster or opened Pandora's box!In any event, I'd just like to say that the vast majority of posts have been exemplary in maturity, clearly stating the found issues and very understanding when it comes to what we reasonably could and could not expect at this stage of development!That and I've never seen a 40+ page thread UN-stickied before! This thread is doing all sorts of things I never expected! lolThanks for all the great contributions and I hope it's proven to be useful to the ACES team... to me, when all is said and done, that is the mark of if it's been a good thread or not.Onward, through the fog!Scott / Vorlin

Hi all,The demo looks promising.Has anyone else tried AF2 with the AP file? I messed with it briefly to no avail. Lee -- are you out there?Then a request: It may be too late for this but is it possible to add a button assignment for full thrust reverse. I assume it will still be configurable as it is in fs9 but it would speed things up for new users.Anyhow, thanks for the demo -- looking forward to the full release!John

Guest andyjohnston

I was flying the Bombardier jet this morning and found a few oddities, not sure if they've been reported (or maybe it's just me.)1 - The multi function display doesn't give you DME readings unless you're looking at the zoomed in version. Even then, I couldn't find a way to display DME 2, Just DME 1. Two knobs marked DME are on the radio stack, but they don't seem to do anything. Maybe they're still in progress.2 - Tool tips. I found two tool tips which were incorrect. One is the engine starters. Three buttons say Engine 1 and only one says Enigine two instead of two of each. Also, the buttons that let you choose which functions are showing on the multi-function display. Both of them read Nav 1, though one adjusts nav 2 (of course.)3 - The key for Slew Down Slowly (A) no longer works, because it's now used to change views within a category, and still does that even in Slew mode.

>3 - The key for Slew Down Slowly (A) no longer works, because>it's now used to change views within a category, and still>does that even in Slew mode.Now Q=up and Z=down...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest SIDDickDastardly

>If you have an Xbox 360 controller you can map different>commands to each direction of the d-pad.I don't, and even if I did I wouldn't use it for a flight sim :). I do have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro, which is IMHO the best joystick ever made. I use it in conjunction with the throttle from an X-45. As someone pointed out, Saitek users can reassign different commands to each direction of the hatswitch, so it seems a little perverse that anyone using a Microsoft-made joystick like the Sidewinder can't.Cheers,DD

Guest andyjohnston

And by default, z activaes the autopilot, but I don't expect that would make much difference in Slew mode.

Guest Flagstaff Flyer

I am having the same brake problem. Have you had any luck resolving it?Thanks, Mike RhodesFlagstaff, Arizona USA

Guest Flagstaff Flyer

ps..for now I just tap the right brake then the left, back and forth, to get off the ground. Slight differentail brakes will start you rolling vs. full brakes.Thanks, Mike

Guest kinetic

Unsure if this is a bug. In the Baron it says TEMP behind the airspeed, and there's a small gauge stuck at 15. Is this an OAT termometer? I changed the outside temperature to 30 degrees celcius but the TEMP indicator didnt change. If it's not a termometer, what does it show?I hope there will be an OAT termometer for all the aircrafts - the smaller ones too - or visible icing so I know when to put on de-ice in the smaller aircraft.I guess icing isn't an issue on the tropical demoarea though :)

1. control pains. sensitivity is way out of whack. you cannot adjust it either (adjustment has little effect). 2. turbulence. clear (real) weather and there is a lot of plane shaking going on... too much to be real3. performance. is a joke. i am running a top of the line system and i can barely push 10 fps in the demo. 4 if i have all options maxed out. i get about 15 with FS9 all maxed out (no ai traffic but addon sceneries and all the works). this better be a joke else i am waiting about 2 years before i even buy this pos that doesn't run on anything but a nasa computer. 4. too cartoonish.. hard to describe and i am sure it is a matter of perception but i found the environment to be too pastelish, too clearly forced to be colorful, unnatural.

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

I downloaded and installed the demo without any difficulties whatsoever. I would first of all like to offer my huge thanks to the ACE's Team for allowing me the opportunity to try out FSX on my computer! I realize this is just a beta, but after trying it out I must say I do anticipate some wonderful things ahead for FSX! Although I have indeed experienced a few problems similar to those described in this thread, I have basically been able to maximize most of the settings in FSX and still have some appreciable performance. My video card settings are maxed to the limit as well.The only major issues that attracted my attention was the occasional blurries, the boats don't show much of a wake although they are quite detailed and run across the ocean very smoothly; I experience occasional stutters when flying into dense scenery such as TNCM but not to the extent of a "slide show"; when using the flour dropping mission the surrounding scenery, (not the directly related mission scenery), was very blurry and it was hard to decipher the water and land objects. The free flight seemed to give me the best performance overall. I used Real Air's Spitfire, Marchetti, and Scout aircraft and, although I was unable to see any of their guages in FSX, the flight dynamics seem quite good, similar to those in FS9. I am sure these small issues plus most of the others previously mentioned have, or will be rectified in time for the final release. I am quite happy and really looking forward to purchasing the FSX Deluxe Version as soon as it becomes available.:( Now, as per request, my system specs;COMPUTER: HP PAVILLION 061 MODEL a350n, INTEL PENTIUM 4 CPU, 2.8 GHZ, (2 CPU'S) OPERATING SYSTEM IS WINDOWS XP-SP2RAM MEMORY: 1.5GBVIDEO CARD: ATI RADEON X800 PRO AGP, 256MB. DAC RUNNING @ 400MHZDISPLAY MODE: 1280 X 1024MONITOR: NEC LCD 1712Thanks again ACE's Team, great work! ;) Kind regards,Mark.

Guest KevMantis

I have a very minor issue to report with the FSX Fileplanet beta. The Alamao in downtown San Antonio, TX is facing the wrong way. In the scenery it is facing south, but in reality it is facing west. I'm not sure if it's too late to fix this problem or not, but it's the only problem I have found that others haven't already reported.

Guest GrantM

Problem with water texture turning into white blocks in close proximity to your aircraft. In the further distance no problem. No other issues, just this. See pic. System info: Dell Dimension 8300, Pentium 4 3.00GHz CPU, 1024 MB of memory, Windows XP Pro SP2, 120GB hard drive, 256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800XT.GrantMhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/156140.jpg

Guest kinetic

Some issues in the fileplanet beta:- No landing lights in the Cessna 172. (Is it my screencard NVIDIA Geforce FX 5700 / 256 MB?)- No key assignment for taxilights. Would be handy.- Axis indicator sticks to the center of the screen in the Cessna 172 even when the horizon is displayed higher when straight and level. Shouldnt the axis indicator be level with the horizon on when the runway? Use this a lot in fs2004 when landing.- No way to tilt rise/lower the forward view horizon in 2D cockpit (was shift+enter / shift + backspace in fs2004).- Elephants on the runway in "find the baby elephant" mission. (Just kidding.)-Kinetic