Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest Heik

I have the FSX demo. I talk about the "AirCreation SL450".I turn off the engine.In side view all looks ok the propeller slows down and finally there is no rotation to see.When I'm in VC mode look back and I swich off the engine the propeller remains active - the blurry texture is to see.Is this a ok so?Heiko

>>1) I see a 'Grey Flash' over the plane which I assume is meant>to be a reflective flash effect. The plain grey covers the>paintwork of the plane and occurs when the strobe/beacon light>turn off & on.>Hi JeremyI also have the same problem with you as far as the beacon light is concerned. I hope that the finished program resolves this problem, otherwise FSX is FANTASTIC.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest kinetic

>Some issues in the fileplanet beta:>>- No landing lights in the Cessna 172. (Is it my screencard>NVIDIA Geforce FX 5700 / 256 MB?)>Doesnt work for the other planes either. (Landing light illuminate ground is turned on in display settings so it has to be another cause.)>- No way to tilt rise/lower the forward view horizon in 2D>cockpit (was shift+enter / shift + backspace in fs2004).>Im refering to the look up (pan) and look down (pan) key assignments. They work well in vc-view. But not in 2d view : This is a real problem in for instance the Cessna Caravan. You can't see the runway unless you hide the panel completely. Look down (pan) would have fixed the view so you could see the runway.>- Elephants on the runway in "find the baby elephant" mission.Actually im unsure if it's a runway or just a field you're taking off from. So I guess I should allow the animals to taxi to parking.>-Kinetic

Guest Flyingsub

>>Installed on my dell latitude laptop and FSX complaints>about>>"1 or more monitors using 24bit color quality" which is>wrong.>>The first (main) display is set to 32bit with 1280x1024 and>>same applies to the optional second TFT expansion for>external>>monitors. How come that FSX still refuses to start?! any>hint?>>gfx is ATI 9000 Mobility with latest driver...>>>>Hmmm. Mind if I ask you for some more info, like a DXDIAG>output?Hi, just reinstalled fsx beta due to HDD failure and now I get the 24 bit error message too. I was not getting this before with exactly the same setup so I am stumped. I do have 2 monitors although since moving up to my Geforce 7950GX2 I can never get them both working simultaneously with monitor 2 always defaulting to a 16 bit colour depth. I have unpluged this uninstalled its' driver changed video drivers to latest ones, uninstalled and reinstalled fsx and it makes no difference even though there is no sign of the second monitor anywhere on my system anymore. Any ideas? DXDIAG attached. Cheers DaleE6600 @ 2.40GHzNVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 2048MB RAMSB X-Fi AudioXP Pro SP2

The 4th rivet from the trailing edge of the Baron wing is larger than all of the others. Tongue in cheek. ce

Guest Vorlin

Ok, maybe it's time to close this out? Uh, yea...One final thought:When I started this thing a while back, I never would have thought that there would be double the number of replies to this thread than all other posts I've made, ever.There's something unsettling about that... anyway, beta 3 is out and final release is getting to the early birds now so maybe it's time to let this thread die. Thanks for all your input and I can only hope that it helped the ACES team in some small way.Vorlin

>Ok, maybe it's time to close this out? Uh, yea...Is this the longest thread ever on avsim?Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Since FSX has gone gold and is being burnt onto DVD's as we speak perhaps it is time to lock it. Thanks, Craig