Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

PBR primer for 3rd party artists and anyone interested.

I did a quick rundown of what PBR is and how to use it in PBR.  I also show off a little of the Zenith 701 at the end 😉  

YouTube! PBR Primer

If you guys like this, I will try and do more.  Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.  

• Like 1

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Thank you. Much appreciate taking the time to explain PBR! -TeD

5 hours ago, Gibbage said:

If you guys like this, I will try and do more.  Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.  

Rally nice.. I like it a lot.

It would be nice to see a workflow with Quixel, I have seen a lot of videos of this tool integrated with Adobe Photoshop and how artists are applying properties directly to the model (Normal textures, metalness, PBR materials, etc.) by using an .OBJ, so I don't understand how we could do changes via Quixel directly with 3Dsmax models for P3D or if it is posible at all in a similar fashion.

Most of the examples out there are for the creation of objects for Unreal Engine,  so having tutorials like this are really helpful, specially for freeware developers that wish to get involved with the creation of different objects using PBR for P3D as the documentation regarding this under the SDK is very limited, so many thanks for sharing your knowledge, it is very much appreciated.

Your Airplane looks very good, congratulations.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1

Doing a work flow tutorial is on my list of things I want to do, but right now Quixel Suites (my main tool) may no longer be supported anymore.  The sales page is gone and the support group is no longer responding to questions if they plan on supporting it in the future!  So I cant justify doing a workflow tutorial on a product that is no longer supported or sold.  I will be learning Substance soon and will convert over if Quixel is no longer supporting Suite/DDO/NDO.  Its a word not allowed shame since its such a nice tool set.  

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

It still seems for sale and the Facebook group is still there.

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It still seems for sale and the Facebook group is still there.

Last I checked I could not find the sale page.  Im still waiting for a reply on if they plan to still support it.  Its been over a year since the last update (2.3).  

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I would guess that they may have lost interest in it because it's a Photoshop add-on and Adobe's subscription policy has probably cut down on the lower end of the Photoshop user base. I would assume most corporate Adobe users don't care about paying a subscription, but freelancers and hobbyists are probably still using CS6 or earlier. I hope that the mods don't mind me posting the purchase page for you to check:

https://shop.quixel.se/collections/frontpage/products/quixel-suite-2-0

I would agree.  I have a subscription at home and each update brakes Quixel.  I stopped updating my Photoshop a while ago.  At work (I work at Microsoft) we use CS6 and that is really old in software now a days.  I heard rumors they are working on a stand-alone version like Substance, but I have not heard anything for some time on that front.  

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Once the Adobe suite was fully converted to 64 bit, there didn't seem to be a need to buy newer versions. They really don't substantially enhance the average workflow. And Photoshop has multiple  competitors now.