Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

Hawker killing my frames.

I just bought the Hawker. And it is just draining frames....starts out good  ( have it locked at 30 fps)but after 1 minute down to 8 fps. I own a few other Carenado planes with no problem what so ever... is the plane known to be hard on frames?

Thanks, Bob

Have you tried loading the "LITE" version? It has reduced polygons and frankly looks almost identical to the "full" version. I have a very modest system and without traffic, heavy weather and with "normal" autogen and scenery, get easily 45 fps and greater than that in some areas. Are you running Vsync and/or triple buffering? If so try switching these off and keep MSAA at sensible levels. I would start by loading minimal scenery/weather/autogen etc then gradually add things in so you can identify what is creating the frame rate hit.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks Robert, I have since messed around with it some more. Using Nvidia Inspector now and that helped out alot. Changed a few settings.. I must start another plane first then choose the hawker. I don't know why, but this seems to work better. I will try some of your ideas!!! 

Thanks, Bob

Also, if you are lucky enough to own the Flight1 or RXP GTN 750 gauge, I have a mod to install it, which should also improve framerates.

Bert

Ha !!!! Bert, You sent me that mod 2 years ago, thats the first thing i did was install it. I getting good FPS, just as good as the CJ2 with your mod. :). I really havn't flown a flight with it yet. Not sure off the procedure as far as setting up FLC, NAV...etc. It's kinda quirky , if you have any advice on that i would surely listen lol. FSMania has a nice tutorial on it , but starts up in the middle of the flight with the GTN installed.    He said This....

"I have just completed several takeoff test and determined that the "FL Alert On/OFF" really wasn't the key to success with the "FLC" proper function.
Takeoff 1) FL Alert = OFF.  I used the Altitude selector knob to set initial altitude to 7000 ft.  I used the pitch wheel to move the VS indicator on the speed tape to 2000 FPM thereby also moving the flight director bar up to approx. 10 degree nose up pitch.  Selected HDG mode.  Did a normal takeoff.  Engaged the AP Autopilot at 1000 ft.  Engaged "FLC" at 200 Knots.  The nose pitched up and the aircraft climbed rapidly and pretty much maintained the 200 knots.  At 6000 feet I got the audible warning for 1000 to go (in spite of leaving the FL Alert = Off).  The aircraft leveled off roughly at the 7000 ft target altitude and ultimately captured it.

Takeoff 2)  FL Alert = ON  I used the same procedure from an my first Hawker video; set initial altitude with Altitude selector knob, press Altitude selector knob and the Alt key to cancel the ALTS mode.  Use the pitch wheel to command a 10 to 12 degree climb out pitch.  Use HDG mode.  Normal takeoff, engage autopilot, engage FLC at desired climb speed.  The aircraft climbed through the target altitude and no audible warning was received.  FL Alert = On didn't change a thing. 

Based on those two test I think I can safely assert that "FL Alert ON/OFF" don't do squat on this model.  The key to success with the "FLC" mode seems to be in the pre-takeoff mode selections and key strokes pertaining to Altitude.  I did a third take-off with the same method as Takeoff 1 described above, and achieved the same results.

Sheesh, such is the life of a Carenado Hawker Driver   Trial and error, guess work, and patience.  Very sorry for the confusion about the FL Alert setting.  It was pretty much a coincidence I found that menu setting (not in the documentation) and used the Takeoff 1 procedure (above) on the same flight.  Incorrectly assumed the FL Alert = On setting was the key to success for proper FLC function when it was really just the initial autopilot setup method that worked.

Sorry for the confusion.  This aircraft has been more challenging than most of Carenado's in part because it is more complex and the documentation is minimal.".......

Not sure if he means follow Takeoff 1 or Takeoff @...any help and tips  would be helpful.

I think i will open up a new post and ask the procedure guys are using to set up this plane with the GTN installed

Great job with your modes Bert, Thanks, Bob 

Edited by Dutch1

I would suggest the old fashioned way, use VS mode for vertical navigation.

The FLC mode is indeed confusing, and I personally do not use it in this airplane. :wink:

Bert

On 12/19/2018 at 5:02 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Also, if you are lucky enough to own the Flight1 or RXP GTN 750 gauge, I have a mod to install it, which should also improve framerates.

I have Bert's mod and it's fantastic. His mod fits the GTN perfectly into the Hawker but there are quite a few other tweaks cleverly done so everything works beautifully.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page