Sign in to follow this  
maverick555

Navdata update problem

Hi

I have been trying to update the default navdata via aero.sors installer, done everything as usual but getting CTD when I operate the std GPS, well the GPS works until I select FLP then PROC as soon as I press PROC I get CTD, so uninstalled using the same installer and everything works again, never had this problem before, anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, ade555 said:

to update the default navdata via aero.sors installer

specifically what was updated ..... omni's, ndb's, ils's etc.

tell us, then we can all guess what was your flight plan (to/from, ifr, vfr) ??

for now, cheers

john martin

6 hours ago, vadriver said:

specifically what was updated ..... omni's, ndb's, ils's etc.

tell us, then we can all guess what was your flight plan (to/from, ifr, vfr) ??

No flight plan loaded, I just been sitting at airport for example EGPH then pressed to go direct on GPS to EGPC(Wick) then when you press PROC on GNS430 everything is fine until I select approach for EGPC as soon as little windows pop ups with different approaches I get game freeze then CTD, now I checked with different destination and is all fine but can't check all, I never flown to Wick or from Wick before so never spotted this problem and not sure if there is any other airports that may have the same problem, strange thing is when you uninstall the updates Wick is working fine.

@ade555

is it a particular plane, though you would think that should not affect the GNS340 directly.

are the approaches you get rnav or legacy ... ie you updated navaids or fixes.

i struggle to see the navdata as the problem, but never say never.

for now, cheers

john martin