Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

Feelthere ERJ and MCE question

Hi all,

Just got this aircraft and read in the manual that the FMC doesn't necessarily have to be used, as per the introduction flight.

However, I was reading in the manual and a feature that I'd like to use was stated in the introduction flight to use the default climb profile. Can the CPL panel be pressed with MCE on the FGC, or is that an FMC panel that does not have a voice command programmed to it, so thus I'd have to make MCE press it in a flow sequence? Same goes for the descent profile.

I know SimBrief supports Feelthere flightplans, however I can't figure out how to load one into the FMC in case I don't want to program it and make a flow for that instead--I can't figure out where it is in the ops manual. Well, in my case, I can't program it so...

Worst case scenario here is I just have to use GPS as a nav source as usual. Using the climb/descent profiles would be nice though. From the manual, I wasn't sure whether that was an FMC thing that MCE can't press directly.

Thanks.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:58 AM, Orinks said:

Hi all,

Just got this aircraft and read in the manual that the FMC doesn't necessarily have to be used, as per the introduction flight.

However, I was reading in the manual and a feature that I'd like to use was stated in the introduction flight to use the default climb profile. Can the CPL panel be pressed with MCE on the FGC, or is that an FMC panel that does not have a voice command programmed to it, so thus I'd have to make MCE press it in a flow sequence? Same goes for the descent profile.

I know SimBrief supports Feelthere flightplans, however I can't figure out how to load one into the FMC in case I don't want to program it and make a flow for that instead--I can't figure out where it is in the ops manual. Well, in my case, I can't program it so...

Worst case scenario here is I just have to use GPS as a nav source as usual. Using the climb/descent profiles would be nice though. From the manual, I wasn't sure whether that was an FMC thing that MCE can't press directly.

Thanks.

If you use Sim Brief, get the Sim Brief Downloader (free). After Sim Brief strings your route and approves it, the Simbrief Downloader will automatically download and install the flight plan into the correct folder. (Works for every supported aircraft and is very clever and functional...just like MCE!)

Once it's in your FMC (Just like in the real world where the Flight Plan is uploaded from the company computers) you can go ahead and manually configure your FMC with wind speeds and descent profiles etc. Although MCE can permit you to "Vox Script" a series if MCDU functions, this would take longer than in real world and also in real world the FO/Capt would do this on his/her CDU anyway!

With programs like these we can get pretty darn close to RW flight deck procedures. 

Happy simming!

David

On 12/28/2018 at 2:43 PM, charlie130 said:

If you use Sim Brief, get the Sim Brief Downloader (free). After Sim Brief strings your route and approves it, the Simbrief Downloader will automatically download and install the flight plan into the correct folder. (Works for every supported aircraft and is very clever and functional...just like MCE!)

Once it's in your FMC (Just like in the real world where the Flight Plan is uploaded from the company computers) you can go ahead and manually configure your FMC with wind speeds and descent profiles etc. Although MCE can permit you to "Vox Script" a series if MCDU functions, this would take longer than in real world and also in real world the FO/Capt would do this on his/her CDU anyway!

With programs like these we can get pretty darn close to RW flight deck procedures. 

Happy simming!

David

Hi David,

Yes, I use SimBrief actually. I love the SimBrief downloader, its fantastic and I install the PLN files in P3D's correct location.

However being blind, the whole MCE CDU appears the only way to do it. Undocking the CDU window does not appear to help, screen readers don't even see it; its as though its invisible on the screen according to screen readers anyway.

I wish there was a way to have the FMC immediately load the most recent plan created in that folder into the FMC. In particular with the Aerosoft CRJ, I have the more, ahem, unrealistic option, where the FMS, upon receiving a flightplan, wil fill in climb/descent profiles, calculate and load fuel, set dep/arr deta etc. Essentially, with the CRJ, and probably other aerosoft aircrafts, I can set it so that loading a plan = programming the FMC with the SimBrief data and its ready to go.

However, once the SimBrief plan file is in that folder, on the FMC front you have to go to the route page, doable with a keyboard command, but once there I can't check with my screen reader one, if the keyboard shortcut actually worked, and two, how to get to the section that lists the plans to finally select one and hit the execute button, also bound to a keyboard command. I can then verify whether its loaded by checking the fuel quantity, I hope.

So yes, that's my current issue with FMC aircraft now, I'd love to do the cockpit prep, have an easy way to load plans and then go. I hope of course that when loading these plans into the sim that SimBrief is generating routes that the FMS wouldn't consider discontinuities.