Sign in to follow this  
Raladic

Carenado A36 and GTN 650 panel mod request

If you really want a Bonanza with a functional GTN 650 in the panel, the F33 or V35 is a better option.

And, for the "best" version, look at the a2a V35. :cool:

Bert

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you look through the Interior Model file you will find:

794   (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)

which is the click spot..

I know of no way to override that.. :unsure:

Neither... what a pity! I will keep on trying - I am very close to the set-up I need to replicate one of the TB20 of my Flying Club (EFD1000 + Dual GTN650) 

5 minutes ago, AndreaG said:

Neither... what a pity! I will keep on trying - I am very close to the set-up I need to replicate one of the TB20 of my Flying Club (EFD1000 + Dual GTN650) 

If you are that serious about it, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you an improved EFD1000 for the A36.

• Like 1

Bert

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you are that serious about it, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you an improved EFD1000 for the A36.

Well... there's a reason behind it: on average I fly real IFR only twice a months - the rest of the time being VFR, mostly as FI. That means once a month on each of the two TBs, which is barely enough to stay current. And I am still on the initial part of the learning curve with the GTN. So, practicing at home on a "high-fidelity" sim can be an effective way to feel more at ease once in flight. I've already experienced some unexpected behavior in leg sequencing, for example, and this - of course! - at the worst moment in terms of workload.

I have also started a thread in another section: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/572672-right-set-up-to-practice-ifr-on-these-days/?tab=comments#comment-4204011 . It is specific to my situation, but hopefully other pilots/simmers can find the discussion interesting

On top of that, I've spent a few years working on the development of Flight Management Systems, so, yes, I am quite interested in it (but I love basic old-style IFR too!).

I will PM you, but I think you already sent me something in the past - you're always extremely kind and helpful, thank you very much for that!   

19 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you really want a Bonanza with a functional GTN 650 in the panel, the F33 or V35 is a better option.

And, for the "best" version, look at the a2a V35. :cool:

Oooops, I missed this post, Bert!

I have the a2a V35 as well - and you're absolutely right, it's a great add-on, but for the ADI/HSI part, it uses Bendix King instruments, not the Aspen like Carenado does. So, I have rather installed the RXP Dual GNS430W, which is perfect for one of the two TB20s I fly (equipped with Bendix + Dual GNS430). 

50% of the problem is solved, now I am looking for a EFD1000 + Dual GTN650 layout to simulate the other TB... 😉

7 minutes ago, AndreaG said:

Oooops, I missed this post, Bert!

I have the a2a V35 as well - and you're absolutely right, it's a great add-on, but for the ADI/HSI part, it uses Bendix King instruments, not the Aspen like Carenado does. So, I have rather installed the RXP Dual GNS430W, which is perfect for one of the two TB20s I fly (equipped with Bendix + Dual GNS430). 

50% of the problem is solved, now I am looking for a EFD1000 + Dual GTN650 layout to simulate the other TB... 😉

In that case the A36, with the dual 650s in a popup window, is likely the best solution for the second 50%. :happy:

• Like 2

Bert

On 4/7/2020 at 4:46 PM, Bert Pieke said:

794   (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)

which is the click spot..

I know of no way to override that.

You might edit the '794' and change it to '999', it will simply do nothing if there is no window## with ident=999.

Otherwise, you can just replace all the characters above with a space character and it will run no code at all. Make a backup of the mdl file and use an hex editor for this task (like HxD).

It won't prevent capturing the mouse though and I'm not sure clicks would pass-through. Worth trying.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

46 minutes ago, RXP said:

You might edit the '794' and change it to '999', it will simply do nothing if there is no window## with ident=999.

Otherwise, you can just replace all the characters above with a space character and it will run no code at all. Make a backup of the mdl file and use an hex editor for this task (like HxD).

It won't prevent capturing the mouse though and I'm not sure clicks would pass-through. Worth trying.

Tried that, but the click spot stays..

Bert