Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
swiftyc123

Cannot Disengage APP Mode for new leg

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I just did a leg in which I landed using a GPS approach with FAC and G/P captured (APP button lit).  I did not restart a new flight but continued in the same session.  Even after disengaging autopilot multiple times I cannot select LNAV/VNAV - the APP stays engaged with FAC and G/P still in green on my PFD.  Any help on to get autopilot to function normally after a leg?  thanks!

 

-Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try switching both Flight Directors off then back on again. 


Tony Simpson

 

FLYING FROM EGKK, The worlds busiest single runway Airport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, swiftyc123 said:

Any help on to get autopilot to function normally after a leg?

The Flight Directors need to be cycled at the end of each leg to cancel any previous modes. The IRS should also be turned off and spun up again during the turn. All part of flying the plane.

Clear out old data by turning things off.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The Flight Directors need to be cycled at the end of each leg to cancel any previous modes.

Kyle, although this is mentioned in the FCOM as part of the SHUTDOWN procedure, it is not uncommon for the FD's to be selected OFF as part of the After Landing procedure and might in fact be more appropriate to include this selection there.  Disconnecting the A/P's and turning the FD's off and back on again is also necessary when coupled on an ILS and changing to another parallel ILS approach.   


Bertie Goddard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, berts said:

Kyle, although this is mentioned in the FCOM as part of the SHUTDOWN procedure, it is not uncommon for the FD's to be selected OFF as part of the After Landing procedure and might in fact be more appropriate to include this selection there.  Disconnecting the A/P's and turning the FD's off and back on again is also necessary when coupled on an ILS and changing to another parallel ILS approach.   

That's when I do it, honestly, but I didn't want to dive into all of the minutia. At the very least switch them off between legs. When between legs (or any airborne corner cases) are for a more in-depth discussion. My mention here was simply to help the OP solve his issue.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...