Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Nvidia Inspector

5 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Right click on an empty spot on the screen and it will bring up a tab that lists the Nvidia Control Panel.  Try creating a custom resolution at 30hz to see if your monitor will support it.  If not set half refresh v sync and set monitor to 60hz.  Set in game limit to 33 FPS and see how that works.

So as I mentioned previously, i've tried that before and I get better results with 60hz and fast sync enabled, and unlimited frames in the sim, but again,  thanks anyway for suggesting it....

Since my monitor supports 70hz, I decided to see what if any effect it would have by enabling it over the default 60hz.

It made no difference in terms of smoothness or micro stutters, which weren't a problem to begin with on my system, but upping the refresh rate to 70hz bought me an extra 10 to 12 FPS on average. Upper frame rate limits are now in the 70 to 80 range now, where they were  about 60 or so before, so given that I have smooth stutter free performance, the extra FPS are just a bonus I guess...

At any rate, I think the change to the suggested AM of 1013 and then upping my refresh rate to 70hz have about taken me to the pinnacle of what I can expect from my current hardware (8700k and 1080Ti 11 gb.) without de-lidding or overclocking, which i've no intention or desire to do.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions gents. Happy simming and blue skies..😎