Sign in to follow this  
malct

UT live issue

Sorry for posting on this forum, But i have tried with the UT forum with no luck, even though, they sell the product.

As anyone got around the traffic issues with Doha transferring the old airport to the new, Plus the lack of traffic at Bangkok (Both airports)

This is a issue after i have bought all the scenery for these airports.

There's so much more than just editing a couple files to get traffic at Doha OTHH. As well as the editing of the information.xml file, you also need to download UTL_FP from the AIG forums as well as the AIG flightplans for all of the Airlines that operate into Doha. UTL_FP can then convert the plans into a format that UTL can use.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thank you for your reply, Just trying to get my head around the following instruction and i have asked the following questions

would i be right in saying that i need to back up parking and fv_information XML Doc.
Then copy the parking and paste into the parking file or open and add?
And then the same with the fv_information XML Doc 
Or do i paste direct into the data folder with the hope that the information goes into the correct place
And then carry out the other steps.
(I have already installed the winter timetable)

Taken from UT Forum

Make a backup of your information.xml, in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\utLive\Data then add the following to it:

<airport_information>
      <iata>DOH</iata>
      <icao>OTHH</icao>
      <name>Hamad International</name>
      <city>Doha</city>
      <state />
      <country>Qatar</country>
      <iso>QAT</iso>
      <location_name>Doha, Qatar</location_name>
      <isoTZ>Asia/Qatar</isoTZ>
      <hasIntl>true</hasIntl>
      <isLarge>true</isLarge>
      <rank>3</rank>
      <loc>
        <Lat>25.274564</Lat>
        <Lon>51.608378</Lon>
      </loc>
      <alt>11</alt>
      <hasParking>true</hasParking>
      <parkingPacked />
      <smlDestinations />
      <medDestinations />
      <lrgDestinations />
    </airport_information>

2. In the same folder, make a copy of parking.txt, then add the following entry...

OTHH,25.274500139,51.608333141,4.0,G,0,0.70,Qatar
{
    RUNWAY,15945,197,HARD
    RUNWAY,13976,197,HARD
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,50.0,CARGO
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,36.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
    PARKING,23.0,GATE
}

3. Download this Qatar Summer 2018 schedule: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8b5ldc6dgs1b6a/QTR_UTL_AddOn_Summer2018.xml?dl=0 and copy it to C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\utLive\Schedules

(Thanks to pushen on https://unitedtrafficteam.com for the qatar flight schedule and to koala at Alpha India Group https://www.alpha-india.net/ for the UTL_FP program which converts the TXT flight plan to the XML format required for UT Live add-on schedules - so it's easy for you to do this yourself with other schedules)

4. Start up UT Live and
  • On the Dashboard tab, check that the Qatar_Summer_2018 is visible in the list box under Active Traffic Databases
  • On the Simulation tab, check that you can successfully search for OTHH in the Status Board Initial Settings box.
5. Still in UT Live, goto the Configuration > aircraft tab. Then, in the Scheduled AI Traffic Aircraft Selection box, set carrier and operator to Qatar Airways (QTRX) NB: Note the X at the end. Thanks to m_linecker for this hint, as this leaves the UT Live original Qatar schedule to the older OMBD airport untouched. 

6. Now go through each of the aircraft in the Equipment drop-down box and one-by-one, assign them to the corresponding UT Live Qatar livery in the Available Aircraft Selection. For example, select Airbus A330-200 (332), in the Equipment drop-down, then in the Available Aircraft Selection, select manufacturer = Ultimate traffic Live, airframe type = Airbus A330-200 and variation = Qatar Airways. Then click the Assign Aircraft button. Set the assignment of the new livery to 100% and click Save Repaints

7. Once you've assigned the liveries (NB: not all exist currently in UT Live, but you can follow the excellent UPS/FEDEX add-on documentation from C141fe to add your own) that should be it. Start up P3D, go to OTHH and you should now see traffic at Hamad International airport!

8. Finally, if you want to move only to this new Qatar schedule, as Dave_YVRATC suggests....  You can do two things, disable the default Qatar airlines within the UTL gui and along with that you can reassign the default Qatar aircraft to use the default Daedalous aircraft so that they don't show up in the sim (assuming you haven't enabled them in your ui_settings.xml).
Edited by malct

That sure sounds like a fair bit of work for just one carrier isn't it? Then to do the same for every other carrier that operates into OTHH. 

Or you could disable those airlines within UTL and replace them with more accurate BGL traffic. It would be far easier and also much faster and at least that way you don't have to mess with the inner workings of UTL. 

Edited by Dave_YVR

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

That sure sounds like a fair bit of work for just one carrier isn't it? Then to do the same for every other carrier that operates into OTHH. 

Or you could disable those airlines within UTL and replace them with more accurate BGL traffic. It would be far easier and also much faster and at least that way you don't have to mess with the inner workings of UTL. 

looks to complicated to me, ut live are no help at all and someone within the ut team could set the software up in little time, i just wonder why they wont do it,

Exactly why it's just easier to replace those carriers with bgl traffic. Then at least you have traffic where you expect it and IF the one guy on the UTL team ever releases a Powerpack  then you have an option to go back to that route if you wanted. Pretty easy decision imo.