Sign in to follow this  
glider1

Issue with night time and VR in P3D 4.4

Hi there happy new year.

When I use HDR in P3D44 at night, if I'm on the ground I get a semi-greyed out look inside the Rift CV1 headset. If I slew up to say 500ft above ground, the grey look is gone and the black contrast levels are better. Anyone have a theory why? I made sure that night visibility on the ground is set to unlimited.

Do people get this in other headsets too like the Samsung?

Cheers

33 minutes ago, glider1 said:

Hi there happy new year.

When I use HDR in P3D44 at night, if I'm on the ground I get a semi-greyed out look inside the Rift CV1 headset. If I slew up to say 500ft above ground, the grey look is gone and the black contrast levels are better. Anyone have a theory why? I made sure that night visibility on the ground is set to unlimited.

Do people get this in other headsets too like the Samsung?

Cheers

It's a generally accepted truism that the Rift could certainly benefit from better black levels.

The reason for not having a "true" black is technical, and mostly deliberate as a method to combat "ghosting"

The Samsung Odyssey gets lots of praise for having much better black levels.

Orbx Beta Tester
Just Flight Beta Tester

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

Thanks Hiflyer something to look forward too when the Samsung eventually becomes available in my country which could be a very long time considering that the the Vive kit alone is $2600 which means most consumers can't afford VR and the ASUS 2080ti costs $2600 as well.

But the question still is why does the blackness improve when I slew up 500ft and look back down at the airport. Suspect it might be something to do with the shader mods I have which might adjust shade with altitude.

Cheers

No idea, really. People add so much to the various sims that the interactions can be pretty hard to unravel.

Orbx Beta Tester
Just Flight Beta Tester

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard