Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Addon Organizer Error on First Start-Up

Hello, I just installed AO and received this error the first time I loaded it up.

RyZd2uf.jpg

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Interesting. This means that in one of the simulators addon definition files there is a package pointing at C:\Windows\system32 - for whatever reason. I can't imagine what that could be. If you continue by pressing "Ignore", P4AO will remove this package automatically when you press "Save" - the definition doesn't make any sense.

If you want to check manually, the P3D V4 addon package definitions are in these two files:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Every package definition in either one of those two cfg files must point at a folder that contains an add-on.xml - if it doesn't, you will get the message above from P4AO.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks I’ll take a closer look.  I thought that’s what it was telling me but couldn’t make any else of why there would be any scenery pointing to that folder.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Oddly enough one of my add-ons.cfg files had this entry:

[Package.0]
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32
ACTIVE=false
REQUIRED=false

Backed up the file, removed that entry and all is good now.

Thanks

Dave

Really odd. Must have been some kind of installer - ?

25 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Backed up the file, removed that entry and all is good now

That is what P4AO would do too in this instance.

Best regards

LORBY-SI