Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

RTX 2060, Not a bad card for the price.

Just watched a review by JayzTwoCents. Not a bad review for a card that beat a 1070 which cost more. Looks like a good deal for those still on a 9xx series card looking to up grade. 

THIS is the way RTX SHOULD have launched... RTX 2060

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

22 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Just watched a review by JayzTwoCents. Not a bad review for a card that beat a 1070 which cost more. Looks like a good deal for those still on a 9xx series card looking to up grade. 

THIS is the way RTX SHOULD have launched... RTX 2060

I'm looking to upgrade from a GTX970, so I should be the target customer for the 2060. However, I don't like that it's only 6 GB VRAM. I'd like 8 GB for flying X-Plane with plenty of VRAM overhead now and in the near future.

The way this is shaping up, I'll probably end up with either an RTX 2070 or a 1080 (if any are left, and it's discouraging that the prices aren't dropping on those).

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

My next GPU upgrade will be a used GTX1080ti for no more than CAD$500 whenever that happens.

And I am not willing to spend more than CAD$750 for a top of the line gaming GPU so that rules out the new gaming GPU market for me altogether.

I think its universal now that every possible GPU purchase I look at new or used, relative to keeping my 980ti is a "bad card for the price".

Maybe when Nvidia release the GTX1100 series thing will change somewhat but right now Nvidia is playing their consumers like a fiddle! 😜

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Avidean said:

I think its universal now that every possible GPU purchase I look at new or used, relative to keeping my 980ti is a "bad card for the price".

I'm in the same boat with a 970. Remember when we could just wait a couple of years from buying the last video card, and spend no more (and sometimes a little less) to double the performance with an upgrade? 

A GTX1080 would roughly double the performance of my GTX970, but at a much higher price than I paid for the older card.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

I'm in the same boat with a 970. Remember when we could just wait a couple of years from buying the last video card, and spend no more (and sometimes a little less) to double the performance with an upgrade? 

A GTX1080 would roughly double the performance of my GTX970, but at a much higher price than I paid for the older card.

I agree with you but I doubt you would see anything like double the performance in P3D or XP11 with that upgrade. I'll take a guess that you might get 10% on your FPS for instead of 30fps you'll get 33fps and a barely discernible improvements in eye candy.

Sure Grand theft Auto or Aerofly FS2 might go from 60fps to 120fps but that's not discernible in any meaningful way either.

2060 should be great for 1080p and 1440p, anything more, probably not. But this gpu is targeted for precisely these resolutions, so i wont expect more.

Asus Strix X570-E  |  Ryzen 9 5950X  |  Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC  |  GSkill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 3600  |  Samsung 970 EVO  |  Acer Predator XB271HU  |  Windows 10 Pro

True, I meant double the performance in terms of general specs on the various test sites, and it would be different in the sim.

It's not just higher FPS, but the ability to ramp up the eye candy with higher-res textures, more reflections, and not having to turn off ground shadows to get a good frame rate. That stuff doesn't easily translate to "twice as good," it's more like being able to do it at all. And some of that does make a big difference in the look of the sim. 

• Like 1