Sign in to follow this  
rodger

Got to Say I luv it !!

Hello everyone, I am new to posting here, Have been playing flightsim for a number of years and it is what got me keen to get my PPL here in Aussie, have been playing the FSX Demo for a week now and I have to say I think its great.I have been flying around the island in the trike at low speeds and it just feels more enjoyable than fs9, cant put my finger on it, I think theres just more to see and for a GA Flyer like myself I cant wait for the full version.Seems to run O.K on my machine.Dell P4 3.2g, 1G ram and 256mb Geforce 7800GTXYes some minor probs but overall makes me want more.Thanks and look forward to posting more.Cheers:-) Barry Cuff

Guest dpc

You bring up a very good point. By that I mean, how you fly. There have been a lot of conflicting opinions about the demo. I for one am very pleased with what I see as well. I realize that there are things that are being addressed etc. But I really do like what I see in the demo. Could that perhaps have much to do about the way I use the sim. Mostly GA aircraft, low and slow, in VFR conditions, minimal ATC. I also love to fly helicopters in the sim. I'm wondering if the conflicting opinions are generally aligned with how people use the sim. The demo doesn't really give the heavy metal folks a good indication of what they are looking for in the sim. For me the sim demo has been nice as I've been doing a lot of tree top flying with it. There are wetlands down there! That's the stuff that makes us bush / low and slow / chopper pilots perk up. Or, I might just be out in left field too.Dave________________________________________AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

>Or, I might just be out in left field too.>>DaveNope, I'm with you too, except not so much about the helicopters.

That's an interesting point. The airline flyers don't have much to do in the sim, so I wonder if a poll would reveal vfr and bush flyers enjoying the demo more than the heavy metal simmers. It does make sense that the demo would gear towards the vfr aspect considering the general consumer most likely doesn't program an FMC and file flightplans for an 8 hour flight across the Atlantic.I myself agree with the original poster though, something about the way it flies is different than FS9, maybe a more solid feeling of flight, a very subtle change, barely perceptable, could be the head latency, but there is a better perception of being up in the air. Ian.

A comment about flying in FSX. I have moved my Real Air Cessna 172 to FSX. This aircraft has received high regard for its flight model. However, in FS9 you had to be very careful at takeoff or it would shoot skyward, as many others tended to do. Now, in FSX the takeoff are very controlled and predictable with reasonable settings of trim and flaps. I have the General Realism slider to full right with no P factor, etc. Overall the flying experience seems closer to X-Plane (which is very smooth) than the same aircraft in FS9.Dick near 5G8

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I agree with you too. I'm not really interested in the heavies either,and I love the demo. :-)Rodger