tbarker1989

[Answered] FSReborn Lights on User Aircraft

Is this typical to have FSReborn lights on my aircraft? I get this on default aircraft and a couple of payware aircraft like the TFDI 717, Flysimware LJ35, Flysimware FA50.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 hours ago, tbarker1989 said:

Is this typical to have FSReborn lights on my aircraft? I get this on default aircraft and a couple of payware aircraft like the TFDI 717, Flysimware LJ35, Flysimware FA50.

Thanks

Hi Tim,

Is not typical but it can happen, this is because the P3D default effects names (fx_strobe.fx, fx_strobeh.fx, fx_navred.fx, etc,) are used by the flyable aircraft and AI Lights Reborn Freeware edition use these effects names to implement the strobe lights and other effects, so this is causing a conflict.

Developers for Payware Airplanes normally implement their own effects names and therefore do not cause the problems / conflicts with the AI Lights effects as you are experiencing, some examples are PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic Software, Carenado, etc.

As I see it you have these options:

• Check if Flysimware implemented the Airplanes lights configuration inside the Aircraft.cfg file, if they did we can implement a quick fix:

You can edit your the aircraft.cfg file to use a different effect name.

For example for strobes: your original strobe files were left untouched on your default effects folder, make a copy of fx_strobe.fx, rename the copy to fx_strobe_JustFlight.fx and open the aircraft.cfg file, find any reference to the default strobe and replace it for fx_strobe_Flysimware

That would resolve your problem.

If you want me to do the changes for you email me at support@fsreborn.com.

• If in the other hand Flysimware implemented the Airplanes lights directly inside the compiled model (xx.mdl file) using the default effects names, then you would need to request to Flysimware to change the names for something else or hex edit the .MDL file to force the usage of different effects.

AI Lights Reborn Edition professional (currently on beta) is much more advanced and implement the effects using a different technique that avoid much better these kind of conflicts. Please let me know how Flysimware implemented the lights configuration so I can try to help you the best way posible.

Regarding TDFi 717, same technique applies.. I have TDFi 717 but since I am using AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition (Beta) I haven't noticed any conflict, I will have a look tonight about how this aircraft implemented the effects to see if I can offer you a quick fix.

All the best,
Simbol

In the Flysimware LJ35, This is the lights section from the aircraft.cfg screen.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin       

light.1 = 10,  10.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.2 = 10,  6.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.3 = 10,  3.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.4 = 8,  -1.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.5 = 9,  11.70,  -3.70,  -0.9, fx_vclight

light.6 = 1,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.7 = 2,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.8 = 3,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.9 = 4,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE

light.10 = 5, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.11 = 5, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.12 = 6, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.13 = 6, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.14 = 7,  6.00,   17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.15 = 7,  6.00,  -17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW

Hi Tim,

So it seems they embedded the effects via the .MDL file, so the only available options are to Hex edit the .MDL or wait for Flysimware to change their effects for something else.

Regards,
S.

okay, I figured I would ask. Thanks for the help. If you need some help beta testing. I can be of assistance. I have assisted Byork with FS2Crew Products.

17 minutes ago, tbarker1989 said:

okay, I figured I would ask.

No worries, I can help you to hex edit the file if you wish, it takes 5 minutes 😋

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

How can your hex Edit it? I have a problem with the PA 380 and dosen't seem to find a fix to the problem. 

Best regards

2 hours ago, MadFlyingSkills said:

How can your hex Edit it? I have a problem with the PA 380 and dosen't seem to find a fix to the problem. 

Best regards

With this: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Steps:

1) Make a backup of the original model file.

2) Open the model file with the hex editor.

3) Find any reference to the fx_strobe.

4) Replace it with fx_strob2 for example (note the exact same numbers of characters is required)

5) Save your changes.

6) Find the original LM fx_strobe file inside of P3D\effects

7) Make a copy of it and name it fx_strob2.fx

Job done.

Regards,
S.

5 hours ago, MadFlyingSkills said:

I tried it and it gave backfire. The model can't be loaded with my new configs.

You did something wrong, I have done this many times without problems.

Email me at support@fsreborn.com.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 8:07 AM, simbol said:

You did something wrong, I have done this many times without problems.

Email me at support@fsreborn.com.

Regards 

Simbol 

I have fixed it. Thanks for the support. I tried it again and changed everything with light on the lines. It worked. 

Dearest regards

• Like 1