Sign in to follow this  
jcuellar

Not sure if it is GTN 750 related

Hi,

After updating to 11.30 version I have some issues:

1.- Nav button (Autopilot) remains ARM, but navigates as it is supposed

2.- LOW BANK and SOFT RIDE are not working any more, buttons shows green but nothing happens.

3.- Syncronizer not working

4.- For some reason DME is attached to the next waypoint of the GTN 750 and not to the VOR as it supposed to be.

5.- APPR with the same problem as point number 1.

I'm using it in Carenado's Citation S550 with the latest Reality XP update, if I disable the GPS on the GTN 750 the autopilot and everything else works at it should be.

Thankyou

Jaime

Edited by jcuellar

Hi Jaime,

It may well be a problem introduced with 11.30 and their new A/P collection.

Let me understand: it is 'ARM' but do you expect anything else?

NB: the GTN/GNS V2 won't change any A/P mode except with AFMS Option GPS Selected Auto which NAV->APPR (via X-Plane command, not via A/P state/mode datarefs).

Let's try to narrow this down: what about using the default Baron 58 and compare how it behaves? Then maybe with another non-Carenado 3rd party aircraft, starting with the simpler to the most complex?

As for the DME this is normal but this depends on the 'Panel Instruments' options you've selected and which datarefs the aircraft has been designed with. Basically, 'GPS to HSI' overrides 'HSI' related datarefs (that is gps_hdef_dot, DME etc...) and 'GPS to VOR' overrides 'NAV' related datarefs (nav_hdef_dot, DME, etc...).

You might want to find which one is better suited for this aircraft.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'd suggest you pursue in Carenado's forums discussion then:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/164668-cessna-citation-550-autopilot-support/

I've just posted a note about the autopilot over there!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi

I disabled the options discussed in Carenado's forum with no luck, Before de GTN update and 11.30 the Sperry autopilot was working as it should be. I'm really not sure if this is related to the last GTN build or directley to the S550, 

If I don't use the GTN as primary the autopilot works good..

Thankyou

Jaime

On 1/18/2019 at 10:55 AM, RXP said:

Let's try to narrow this down: what about using the default Baron 58 and compare how it behaves? Then maybe with another non-Carenado 3rd party aircraft, starting with the simpler to the most complex?

@jcuellar and what about this ?

Ok, in the Baron seems to work ok, maybe this has to be with the Sperry autopilot, but before the GTN update was working ok. The NAV remains ARM but follows the GTN flightplan.

There has been a change in the A/P in our latest version, like I've mentioned in another post. We uses to also 'ARM' NAV mode under some conditions (CDI deviation and device state) but we're removed this. It was there at the time of XP9 and our experience shows XP11 is properly 'arming' the mode like you've seen in the B58. It might be some 3rd party aircraft vendors code is not always fine with X-Plane SDK supported 'overrides' we are using though. Therefore, I'm considering adding back our code in the next update but probably as an additional opt-in setting, so that it makes our devices more open to any 3rd party autopilot custom coding.

It would be great and looking forward to the update and tested. As I mentioned I fly in the real world Citaiton 500's series and the Carenado's S550 has some issues that are not the GTN related. But before the 11.30 and GTN update was working moreless as it should be.

Citation II AP for me, including NAV and APPR worked fine after 11.30 before installing the GTN 750.

After installing the GTN 750, the NAV and APPR lights never turn to the green NAV and APPR only showing yellow ARM the entire time and Approach mode isn't even working now.  Normally, in APPR mode, the light will be green with the glide slope indicator appearing in the HSI.  That isn't even showing up now and the only thing changed was installing the GTN 750.