Sign in to follow this  
QuaxTheSnoopie

Learjet 35A 4.1 problems: clock, left GPS knob, Shift-2

Removed V3, installed V4.1 and found 3 issues:

- the Astrotech clock cannot set to timer mode, it displays only the actual time. Also, pressing OAT shows the temperature but the clock cannot be reverted to displaying time.

- the left knob of the builtin GPS in the VC consists of 5 or 6 very small zones (like rings), alternating between frequency change of "COMM" and "NAV". Turning the knob, either COMM or NAV frequency is changed, depending of the exact position of the mouse in these small zones. In V3, I select COMM or NAV by pushing the button, then either COMM or NAV were changeable, in V4.1, pushing the button switch between COMM and NAV, but the knob ignores this. The popup (2D) GPS knob works correct: either changes COMM or NAV, depending on the selection by the push button of the VC GPS.

- The Shift-2 main panel shows clickable fields for the payload manager and instructions, but these fields do not work in V4 anymore. Direct invocation by Shift-7 of the payload manager works, but not the link from the Shift-2 main panel (while calling the GPU by Shift-2 works).

Any thoughts for solving these issues ?

5 hours ago, QuaxTheSnoopie said:

Removed V3, installed V4.1 and found 3 issues:

- the Astrotech clock cannot set to timer mode, it displays only the actual time. Also, pressing OAT shows the temperature but the clock cannot be reverted to displaying time.

- the left knob of the builtin GPS in the VC consists of 5 or 6 very small zones (like rings), alternating between frequency change of "COMM" and "NAV". Turning the knob, either COMM or NAV frequency is changed, depending of the exact position of the mouse in these small zones. In V3, I select COMM or NAV by pushing the button, then either COMM or NAV were changeable, in V4.1, pushing the button switch between COMM and NAV, but the knob ignores this. The popup (2D) GPS knob works correct: either changes COMM or NAV, depending on the selection by the push button of the VC GPS.

- The Shift-2 main panel shows clickable fields for the payload manager and instructions, but these fields do not work in V4 anymore. Direct invocation by Shift-7 of the payload manager works, but not the link from the Shift-2 main panel (while calling the GPU by Shift-2 works).

Any thoughts for solving these issues ?

The clock works for me although the click spots seem quite small and difficult to find/use, especially the Start/Stop button.  The click spots are about in the 5 or 6 o'clock position below the respective buttons.  I will ask if the click spots can be made easier to use.  If OAT is displayed, click the Mode button to return to the clock function.

I was able to set Comm and Nav frequencies with the GPS530, so I don't know why you are having trouble with that.

You are correct there is a problem when selecting Start Instructions, Door Instructions or the Payload Manager on the Options 2D Popup. What is strange is I only have this problem when the GPS530 is installed, which suggests there might be an issue with the panel.cfg file that gets loaded when the GPS 530 is loaded (The Lear Management Tool loads a different panel.cfg file with each GPS selection).  I have this problem in both FSX and P3Dv4.4. Will see what can be done to fix this.

Al

I found a bug in the panel_FLYSIM530.cfg file that gets loaded when the GPS 530 is loaded into the Lear35 that is causing the problem with the 2D Options popup as described above. If you are comfortable manipulating files, you can fix this as described below (do this at your own risk, although you can always do a L35 reinstall if necessary).  If you are not comfortable doing the below, I'm sure FSW will fix this in the next update.

Al

For FSX and FSX-SE

Open the root FLYSIM Learjet 35A folder in the sim you want to update. Inside this folder you will find a panel folder. Open the panel folder and inside you will find a FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE folder. Backup the FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE  folder by renaming it (e.g., to FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE_backup), and then replace it by downloading the zip file below and pasting the new FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE folder (which is inside the zip file) into the FLYSIM Learjet 35A panel folder. Reload the Lear 35.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x826oabtnpt61ip/FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE_for_FSX%26FSXSE.zip?dl=0

FOR P3Dv4.4

Open the root FLYSIM Learjet 35A folder in P3Dv4.4. Inside this folder you will find a panel folder. Open the panel folder and inside you will find a FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE folder. Backup the FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE  folder by renaming it (e.g., to FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE_backup), and then replace it by downloading the zip file below and pasting the new FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE folder (which is inside the zip file) into the FLYSIM Learjet 35A panel folder. Reload the Lear35.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6njezhc9zovzkbx/FLYSIMWARE_CONSOLE_for_P3D44.zip?dl=0

Edited by ark

Lear35 ver 4.1a has been released to the stores. This update fixes the clock click spots and the Options 2D popup issues discussed above as well as a texture problem with the landing lights.

Al

5 hours ago, ark said:

Lear35 ver 4.1a has been released to the stores. This update fixes the clock click spots and the Options 2D popup issues discussed above as well as a texture problem with the landing lights.

Al

Removed 4.1, downloaded and installed 4.1a :

- clock works as in V3
- "Options 2D" (Shift-2) clickspots work again

Thanks for such immediate correction, especially on weekend 😎

16 hours ago, ark said:

I was able to set Comm and Nav frequencies with the GPS530, so I don't know why you are having trouble with that. 

The left GPS button seems to consist of 5 zones. I took some screenshots how the GPS knob functions change with the position of the mouse pointer:

Left knob: outer area sets COM

Middle area 1 sets NAV

Middle area 2 sets COM

Middle area 3 sets NAV

Bottom area sets COM

It doesn't matter if the COM or VLOC field in the display is activated, in both cases the knob consist of these five zones alternating betweend COM and NAV setting, so it's nearly impossible to change for example NAV because with a small tremble of the mouse cursor, I slide into the next zone that changes COM and vice versa.

The zone in the 2D popup GNS530 work ok, so I have a workaround, but setting NAV or COM in the cockpit panel itself is impossible.

8 hours ago, QuaxTheSnoopie said:

It doesn't matter if the COM or VLOC field in the display is activated, in both cases the knob consist of these five zones alternating betweend COM and NAV setting, so it's nearly impossible to change for example NAV because with a small tremble of the mouse cursor, I slide into the next zone that changes COM and vice versa.

I agree there is a problem with the GNS530 in-panel click spots that needs to be fixed.

Al

Edited by ark

Yes i need to fix the knob on the GNS 530. For now just move the mouse near the edge. The model needs to be updated on the size and that is why its confused.

V4.2b will have the gns knob issue fixed. I was wrong and found out the real issue. Sorry for the delay i should had fixed this back in Feb.