Sign in to follow this  
bluebell2

LiveTraffic (resolved)

Hi, I have been using LIVETRAFFIC plugin with the GTN 750 and it works great but I have noticed that the display arrow for climbing and descending always points up.

Should it not point down when a aircraft is descending?

Hi,

Yes it should. Is this only with LIVETRAFFIC or with default AI as well?

The direction is computed, not read though, meaning when the TCAS II simulation (the 'engine' behind our TCAD simulation) is 'polling' new data, it evaluates any altitude changes.  Because we've not touched this code at all since many updates, I suspect there is something else at play.

Otherwise it might be a bug in the GTN Trainer 6.50.1 and if this is the case, it is very easy to know in comparing the GNS V2 TCAD and the GTN TCAD displays with the same traffic source at the same time. Is there a chance you could try this out and cross-check?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Is this only with LIVETRAFFIC or with default AI as well?

Both.

2 hours ago, RXP said:

comparing the GNS V2 TCAD and the GTN TCAD displays with the same traffic

Same on both displays.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll cross check this ASAP.

Edited: I can't find any bug in the device itself, so this might be the data source from X-Plane causing a problem. Otherwise, is this with a rotorcraft? What about an airplane instead (if ever this influences the device TCAD display but this shouldn't affect the GNS V2 anyhow?!?!?)

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. The problem is just a 'sign' error introduced in an 'optimization' in the TCAS structures a while back. I'm surprised it didn't come up sooner on the forum because the bug is identified and has been there for the last 11 months 😯

Hopefully, the problem is only in the 'plugin' (and our gauges for FltSim too) but not in the trainer nor our TCAD interface.

A fix will be included in the next update.

• Like 1