Sign in to follow this  
StewartH

Incorrect pop-up fuel supply labels

Has anyone else noticed this?  Hovering over either L or R fuel supply needle, the pop-up label is incorrect, i.e., the label doesn't reflect the quantity the needle is pointing to.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Hi Stewart, i guess the gauge scale is a little incorrect!

To test it, i changed the fuel quantity with the payload manager to 50 and to 100 gal.

50gal should be 334lbs and 100gal should be 667lbs,
so the popup-labeling (and the blue gal-scale) is correct but the lbs-scale is incorrect.

One of the many cockpit texture issues that has to be corrected by yourself (if you are practiced in customizing textures)...

Edited by Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

9 hours ago, Raller said:

50gal should be 334lbs and 100gal should be 667lbs,

I could be wrong but, that seems to be based on the conversion for Jet-A fuel rather than Avgas.

The 421C uses Avgas. Thus 50 gallons would be 300 lbs. and 100 gals. would be 600 lbs.

Hope that helps.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

You are right, so the popup-label shows the wrong Jet-A fuel calculation and additionally the lbs-scale is a little misaligned.

Who reports the bug to Alabeo and waits for a bugfix? Just kidding 😉

PS: Maybe Bert can help to find the xml file where the label is calculated. In the worst case it is done in the interior model file.

Edited by Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M