domc712

Dynamic sun colour

Does anyone know of any way to edit the colour of the actual sun texture and corona so that it changes based on time of day? E.g: during sunrise and sunset the disk of the sun is red/orange and gradually gets more yellow to white at noon.

Is there some kind of shader than can be tweaked?

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Don't know about the shader tweak, but Rex4 Texture direct with soft clouds has a set of about a dozen different sun textures and and effects that you can install and/or change quickly and easily.

Like the above reply said, REX can help develop the sky textures, and the sun somewhat changes in those sky changes.  I don't believe there is a way to vary the sun texture/color just as in real life, the sun doesn't actually change colors.  The color wavelengths are just scattered when closer to the horizon due to terrain and air particles.

Yeah I understand that REX offers custom sun textures. I have REX Sky Force with all the great textures it offers. 

What you are referring to is Rayleigh scattering and I use PTA to tweak the shaders of P3D however I feel as though the Rayleigh Scattering tweak it contains only really generates a blue “haze” and doesn’t try to scatter any sunlight accurately.

I guess I am just wishfully thinking that P3D has a way to accurately represent real-world atmospheric lighting.

• Upvote 1