Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Questions About 124th ATC

I've been using the 124th ATC plugin and enjoying it, but I have a few questions:

• On departure I am always handed off to center from tower...no departure.  Is this normal?  I do get approach control on arrival, however.
  • No matter what cruise altitude I file, I always get a VFR flight.  Is it dependent on the weather?  I would still like to fly an IFR flightplan even if it is VFR weather.
  • Is it possible to use different voices?  Right now I have only one voice saying everything.

Thanks!

Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 hours ago, paulbakeman said:

I've been using the 124th ATC plugin and enjoying it, but I have a few questions:

• On departure I am always handed off to center from tower...no departure.  Is this normal?  I do get approach control on arrival, however.
  • No matter what cruise altitude I file, I always get a VFR flight.  Is it dependent on the weather?  I would still like to fly an IFR flightplan even if it is VFR weather.
  • Is it possible to use different voices?  Right now I have only one voice saying everything.

Thanks!

Paul

1. That's how it works. And what's normal, you're "flying a plane on the computer". Take it as it is.

2. There's a checkbox for VFR when you file a flight plan. Do you have that checked? I only get IFR if it's unchecked.

3. Yes, there's a tutorial in the manual, but it's quite advanced.