Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Provo Utah photoscenery

Not often shared in this forum, scenery of Provo and the surrounding area and the beautiful Wasatch range in Utah.  I flew the cousin of the Eurofox, the Kitfox, over this area in 2006 or 2007.  But the Kitfox struggled to climb, even with a Rotax 912, due to the high altitude.  However we were able to climb and our altitude was about the same as these screenshots.  We did not fly from Provo, we flew from Spanish Fork since it was an uncontrolled airfield with little traffic nearby.  In the distance on that flight we did see some air force traffic to our North...  Spanish Fork airport is in the first picture, in this sim flight I took off from Provo and landed at Spanish Fork, then taxied back to the runway and took off again to the west to duplicate my Kitfox flight.  So cool VSkylabs models microlights..

John

kxuYBF1.png
VAZIncx.png
N5xOLJX.png
XfDoIFW.png
UDQA6zl.png

Edited by John_Cillis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Utah exhibits such diversity in Geography...Very interesting state, especially nearabout the Utah Lake, as you are touring here in the microlight...I've MSE(Utah), but, haven't explored much, maybe I should now...

I agree that Utah obviously one of the most divers landscape amongst the U.S. states (at least for me as a non-American). The fine pictures show it again. I think there are only few person who has showed us even more spectacular Utah pictures: one of them being HLJames.

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg