sem

Scenery missing error, but i cant remove it...

Recommended Posts

I’ve recently migrated from v4.2 to v4.4, with that migrated automaticlly a lot of scenery, for example my FSDT sceneries, something went wrong and now when i start it up it says that the scenery is missing, but its still in the game when i load up at that airport, but i try to remove it because there’s some errors, i cant because its greyed out in the scenery list, how can i remove it?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suspect that the scenery is greyed out because it's installed via xml and not in the scenery.cfg

I highly recommend that you get the free Lorby-SI P3D Addon Manager and spend some time learning how to use it.  It's really the definitive tool for managing scenery configuration in P3D.  It allows you to easily add, delete, and reorder your sceneries across the scenery.cfg and the two add-ons.xml files.

Regards

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sem said:

its greyed out in the scenery list, how can i remove it?

You can disable it on the "Options->Add-ons" dialog in P3D. If I remember correctly, the FSDT references have been installed with the P3D CLI interface, and you can't remove them from inside the sim (and you shouldn't just remove the add-on.xml either).

I suggest that you uninstall and then reinstall the FsDreamTeam products, they need to go through an activation process anyway.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, w6kd said:

I suspect that the scenery is greyed out because it's installed via xml and not in the scenery.cfg

I highly recommend that you get the free Lorby-SI P3D Addon Manager and spend some time learning how to use it.  It's really the definitive tool for managing scenery configuration in P3D.  It allows you to easily add, delete, and reorder your sceneries across the scenery.cfg and the two add-ons.xml files.

Regards

 

Its not really working, it says:

Eroors detected in config file(s)!

dll.xml:There is an error is XML document (17, 5)

contents will not be visible!

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, sem said:

Its not really working, it says:

Eroors detected in config file(s)!

dll.xml:There is an error is XML document (17, 5)

contents will not be visible!

nvm it works

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sem said:

Its not really working, it says:

Eroors detected in config file(s)!

dll.xml:There is an error is XML document (17, 5)

contents will not be visible!

P4AO is telling you that you have a syntax error in one of the two dll.xml files, and it lists the position in the file where the error is.

It is not uncommon that the dll.xml is corrupted. Happens a lot when editing it manually, but can also happen when an installer crashed or screwed up.

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now