Sign in to follow this  
dkdrums012

Lose of Control during descent

Hi everyone, 
I sometimes have this issue:  When I'm on descent, my aircraft starts to gentle bounce or do a jerk movement... Then suddenly it loses control and starts to roll uncontrollably, pitching up and causing a stall. I manage to recover from  the situation sometimes depending on my altitude. I use Active SkyNext16, I run FSX on Windows 7 64bit.  I will attach a screen shot of the moment when I had the last lose of control.  My Turbulence settings are at 0 for all the categories in the ASN settings... I thought doing that will help mitigate the problem or at least solve it but it hasn't.
My question (s) : 
1) Is this related to just FSX and ASN ( keep in mind, I don't experience this problem with the 737NGX ... It happens sometimes when I fly with the 747 or 777 series )?
2) How can I completely solve this problem? 
Attached is an image of the lose of control . 
https://ibb.co/JjMz1Z5

Daniel

Edited by dkdrums012
Forgot to insert an image

That picture makes no sense without understanding how you got into that situation:  You are above VNAV path, climbing, speed low and engines at idle.  You lost control long before that moment.

This is not a common problem posted in the forum for either FSX, P3D or Active Sky users.  Need more information about the descent and what is happening as things trend away from the expected.

Dan Downs KCRP

In addition to what Dan has said, it is impossible to tell from your picture exactly what is happening, other than the fact that the aircraft is obviously in an unusual attitude, climbing rapidly and banking to the left with all four engines at idle.  Unfortunately, the two Upper EICAS messages are blurred and unreadable, there is no aircraft Route (pink string) visible on the ND and the Thrust and Pitch modes have only just changed from some other mode. This might be caused by a problem with your hardware controllers or by you inadvertently touching the yoke or rudder pedals with the autopilot engaged, so I'm also sorry to say I can't help you any further with the limited amount of information available.    

All I can see is the autopilot has disconnected and the yoke is full deflection to the left. It's as if the hardware has signalled full deflection which has tripped the automatics out.

That is probably all. If you are using a USB hub for your controls is it self powered? Low voltage through USB can cause issues. My rig uses a powered hub and I get nice clean controls now.

Best of luck.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!