sloppysmusic

Hide mouse feature request

The biggest possible improvement /feature I would love to have in CP would be the option to HIDE MOUSE CURSOR every time I select a saved view position. Also to work with cinematic feature. It's so annoying for those of us who try to make pretty videos of our flights constantly having that darn ugly cursor center screen for several seconds after we change view. I would be happy if it worked with every single change of view as all you need do is move the mouse a fraction to get it back anyway. To save it reappearing due to vibration or minor accidental touches it could have a sensitivity setting requiring an obvious user mouse input to reactivate. 

Every time I edit a recorded video I have to waste time cutting out scenes with the mouse cursor showing rather than use perfectly good chase plane view sequences that I have already recorded live. I could hide cursor with recording software but I want it back to display what I am doing in the cockpit view for potential tutorials. 

An optional feature of course but it would be INCREDIBLY useful to me. 

Edited by sloppysmusic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can always use OBS, it has a Hide Mouse Feature.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You can always use OBS, it has a Hide Mouse Feature.

Thanks Dave. I actually have the full pro xsplit premium suite which also has hide mouse. But I don't want to have to turn it off and on myself 200 times a flight. I want viewers to see me dial in an ndb, set heading to intercept then press an outside button to instantly show me turning the plane and increasing throttle to keep altitude WITHOUT having to turn the mouse off with a 3rd hand or 11th finger then back on again when I'm back in cockpit. This auto hide would be awesome. I've tried faster mouse hide time outs but even 1 or 2 seconds is 1 or 2 seconds too long. I want instant mouse hide the second I press external view then either mouse back when I press internal view or mouse back when I move it more then 10 pixels for example. 

I would pay $100 right now for software that hid my mouse the exact moment I stopped moving it, but killing it completely would be better to stop it coming back on due to a desktop vibration during an external pan shot. 

Edited by sloppysmusic

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ah, well, Windows 7 had this feature, but Windows 10 doesn't.  But there is a freeware soltion, I Googled "WIndows 10 Hide Mouse Cursor" and that's all it took!

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/set-your-mouse-cursor-to-hide-automatically/

I already tried that when I researched this months ago. It does not do what I am requesting. Still has minimum time out of 5 seconds (I deleted it instantly after realizing that as its useless for the purpose I need it for).

I've done a LOT of research in strategies that are available and would be stunned if one existed already I had not found.

I am PRESUMING a windows command exists "HIDE_MOUSE_CURSOR"

I just want that procedure called AFTER I select a view but BEFORE the view changes. 

28 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I already tried that when I researched this months ago. It does not do what I am requesting. Still has minimum time out of 5 seconds (I deleted it instantly after realizing that as its useless for the purpose I need it for).

I've done a LOT of research in strategies that are available and would be stunned if one existed already I had not found.

I am PRESUMING a windows command exists "HIDE_MOUSE_CURSOR"

I just want that procedure called AFTER I select a view but BEFORE the view changes. 

Hmm, I wonder if the dev might consider adding a setting for how long the mouse remains visible?  You can always contact him and ask.

I don't see this at all in Windows 10, however I haven't checked the registry so you might find it there (or some deep Web Searches... my quick ones didn't find anything).

Let me know what you find out my friend!

Best wishes!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hmm, I wonder if the dev might consider adding a setting for how long the mouse remains visible?  You can always contact him and ask.

I don't see this at all in Windows 10, however I haven't checked the registry so you might find it there (or some deep Web Searches... my quick ones didn't find anything).

Let me know what you find out my friend!

Best wishes!

Thanks for the well wishes! It SEEMS like it would be an interesting journey. I know gamers complain about hardware cursors popping up center screen at various times while they are supposed be taking on the word not allowed (banned German political party) hordes....

Keeping mouse on always = easy

Keeping it OFF fairly easy

Having complete control at all times whether it is on or off is the project. I started in programming (Pascal!) with my IT career and ended up in networks as I liked to meet people. I'm wondering if a proposed utility called for example "MyMouse" , collecting all available mouse controls and settings into a quick and easy interface would be feasible. Even a hidden memory resident app that responded to key strokes would be something. I don't really want to buy a $500 VB or VC program just for this. Oh well it would be fun to do some research anyway. Maybe CP could just do it before I do!

Edited by sloppysmusic