Everything posted by sloppysmusic
-
This one fooled me - the ASSP A300B
Don't know if you've noticed but there is a new version out for 12 that has free update for 11 owners? Don't know if It's any help but worth a mention. https://store.x-plane.org/Airbus-A300-Classic-B2-200_p_1485.html Version 2.0 (July 12th 2026) New Features - XP12 Version - Fully redesigned electrical system - Fully redesigned APU system - New IRS logic - Fully redesigned hydraulic system - Fully redesigned bleed air system - Fully redesigned air conditioning system - New pressurization logic - Trim air and zone temperature control - Crossbleed operation logic - Brake accumulator system - Realistic individual engine indicators with rolling drums
-
Not a sim. Farnborough Show 2024. Please move if the forum!
- Not a sim. Farnborough Show 2024. Please move if the forum!
Hey there. It's a wordpress site remotely hosted nothing at home! I got a lot of fake login attempts until I spoofed the visible login names and added lockouts. Also the occasional obviously eastern European scammer uses my contact form. Fixed my URL sharing by asking a developer to write me a custom footer script. If you right click and image you see no options now but get a URL copied message with cached lower Res image for forum embeds. Might post the rest of the good show pix now it's easier to do it!- Not a sim. Farnborough Show 2024. Please move if the forum!
- Not a sim. Farnborough Show 2024. Please move if the forum!
- Not a sim. Farnborough Show 2024. Please move if the forum!
Image links changed but can't edit original post so reposting them here. The site image plugin is playing up - sorry! Cant copy image URL at moment these are random. Here is gallery link, this should work for now although might need new plugin as cannot copy image addresses at all with current one . https://shareshack.net/content/events/fia-2024/- XP12 "DO NOTHING" command does SOMETHING....but what?
I first noticed this in the flyjsim 732. That a knob assigned to do nothing made loud click in cockpit and I pulled some hair out trying to find where the clunk was coming from and what I had changed but gave up. Configuring the JetStream Chieftain this morning and assigned 'n' key to DO NOTHING and sure enough, when I pressed 'n' there it was. A click in the cockpit! It probably is doing 'nothing' but I bet xp12 has 'do nothing' assigned to a sound sample. So when testing they knew it was assigned correctly. Then maybe forgot to take the GUID out for the sound? Only tried 2 planes so far but.....if anyone else wants to try it out it would be interesting to confirm!- Not a sim. Farnborough Show 2024. Please move if the forum!
Sorry if wrong place . I've started hosting my own images on my own site and want to run a test. Got a few nice pix from this show if anyone can recommend where I should post them? Possibly as I've just started this site design the image link might break when I make changes. F15 Strike Eagle and A321 XLR taking it in turns to show off their maneuvers! Here's a better one :- FF 752... version update?
Update info- Boeings Galore - The LevelUP project
Seeing as there a lot of 737 simmers here, I'll share a link I found from a pilot studying for 737NG type conversion. 737 Type Rating Material Scroll down the page for the most complete (to me!) set of procedure flow docs for the NG series I've ever seen. Direct link here:125 page PDF 737NG Type Rating Training- Boeings Galore - The LevelUP project
I'm not assigning blame here, I know the LU is built on top of Zibo base project. I've just never had a good approach/landing in any of the above. Regardless of hardware syncing IF I disconnect AT via hotkey (yoke button sim) or on the MCP the throttles SHOULD be manual. I know the FF planes for example require you to sync positions before you can take over but I'm cycling mine through full range and nothing is syncing. I'm at the stage where some planes work great with my hardware and some don't. The 747 Felis uses the same ghost levers by default as does the FF when you enable them in options. These work great. Just a thought: I know these days devs have added the option to auto arm vnav for missed approach. The plane is acting ALMOST as if it's going TOGA and MA on its OWN, without input from me. Although the 'stuck in idle' when on glide path is a further mystery.- Boeings Galore - The LevelUP project
If engines are stuck in idle or toga setting speed on MCP obviously won't help you. It's a bug/compatibility issue. I know how to operate every control but when they don't respond as they should you're helpless.- Boeings Galore - The LevelUP project
The LU and Zibo are all unflyable for me. The hand flying and worse the auto throttle on approach/landing regularly goes into permanent idle or permanent toga. Can't disconnect either. I've even cut the fuel valves and glided down on occasion. I'm loving the 732 though which suits my needs more. I'd love a solid payware NG which is where I started my sim journey in fsx with having absorbed every available manual around for it but I'm counting my blessings with the 732.- Boeings Galore - The LevelUP project
Which plane has the issue for you? I saw your original post but it wasn't clear to me.- AI traffic recommendations for Xplane 12
Update to my earlier post. Although default Xp12 ATC does not interact with LiveTraffic planes it DOES detect them and clears YOU around THEM if not the other way round. As well as warning you when they are close to you in flight if they are taking off/landing you will need to wait for them. For example today leaving RCQC Penghu Taiwan I was asked to hold short (no reason given). I looked to my left and indeed an ATR was on final. I switched to the ATR camera via LT and saw the landing and my plane holding short. It landed then got stuck on runway (that does not normally happen- maybe waiting for atc to give taxi instructions but it could not?) After a minute I opened LT status panel and made the plane NOT visible then immediately I got the clearance for take off. So ATC was definitely aware of the ATR if not able to communicate with it! I feel we are SO close to getting it good.- AI traffic recommendations for Xplane 12
I just started using LiveTraffic as I I have a Navigraph sub. Navigraph uses flightradar24 traffic to inject in the sim (I actually sub to that too when I'm sat at Biggin hill cafe plane watching). Interaction with ATC seems non-existent and occasionally I'll get planes stuck on taxi ways but in the air I love that they fly the same SIDS/STARS that I do I need to keep separation. Despite the lack of ATC guidance I'm impressed that ATC will regularly give me a plane to look for that's close to me. Look out the window and there it is, the IRL flight livery 500 feet above same airway! I miss the AIG stuff in P3d for sure, but like the OP I've been in XP all this year so far except to fly the PMDG 747 in P3d.- Camera movement speed - pan/tilt/pan left/right
There is no support for 'legacy products' My CP for FSX crashes as the servers are now offline. Following message from P42 🤖 The product you asked about is considered a "Legacy" item and is no longer receiving updates or active support from //42. Please double-check the requirements listed on the product page. For additional help, we recommend checking community forums for your platform, they’re often a great resource for legacy product tips and troubleshooting.- X-Plane 10 Aircraft - Exterior Light Help
Throwing this here as seems useful but not sure if actually suits your purpose. https://x-plane.to/file/436/intentcities-light-controls-x-plane-12 https://forums.x-plane.org/files/file/82888-flywithlua-ng-next-generation-plus-edition-for-x-plane-12-win-lin-mac/ Above requires LUA scripting. is full SDK light creation info. From what I'm understanding so far... You need to create your own lights and get the plane to reference them.. Not sure you can edit existing lights... https://forums.x-plane.org/forums/topic/281535-xp12-object-lights-for-aircraft/ Finally.. Someone asking for the same info a couple years back. Good luck! If you succeed we'd love to know how 🍀🤞😎- Boeings Galore - The LevelUP project
Those older 737 models are called Classic for a reason. 🤔😎- FlyJSim 732 Twinjet Professional V4 XP12
Do you have a source on this? Link?- New addon neighborhoods allows photogrammetry in X-Plane 12
Hi Thanks for sharing, could you explain how this differs from the Map Enhancement Mod for XP12? From the title does it focus on urban areas? It infers that it generates objects from the downloaded tiles in a similar way to sim heaven (I believe?).- FF 300 ER... Should I?
I own all the options of the FF 777. Just finished a world tour (long winded non direct route) in the 200/300. Haven't had the patience to do that for over 5 years in any other sim /addon. The pros smash the cons into outer space. I've owned the PMDG triples in 3 other sims. I could never go back. From the moment you start rolling it FEELS right. Before I report any bugs need go through the fcom with a fine comb to make sure it's not intended behaviour. One issue I might have found is LOC intercept on ILS approaches. Sometimes the plane on 45 degree intercept will turn a full 360 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise before it intercepts. Very weird to me. Also switching from SPD /FLCH back to VNAV when below FMC profile the plane will descend below profile unless you level it off manually. I believe it is supposed to obey the altitude limits unless you override with MCP altitude intervention (knob press). There is so much to love about this addon whatever issues you may find will not for one second give you buyers remorce. You can feel the love the devs have for their product and this always influences my buying decisions.- Switching from MS24
I just can't do MSFS 2024 anymore Actually I missed a sim off my list. FSX to 2020 to P3d.... Then over last xmas got really curious as to how 2024 ran on ps5. I figured at the very least I could do some virtual sight seeing with a controller. So I purchased it. Never got past the first couple of tutorial flights trying to set controller sensitivities and failing so that trainer just handled like an F15. Tried a 737 figured I could at least use ap the whole flight. Resigned myself to fact without keyboard and mouse I could only fly it if I spawned in the air and flew it like.... An F15.. Horrible experience, I'm sure it's way better on pc but deleted after 3 or 4 hours 'play time' and started researching if it was possible to make xplane look good on pc. When I found out the map enhancement mod pro allowed unrestricted high res imagery at all altitudes with xplane as opposed to the recently crippled low res msfs version I had to try it out. Fantastic sim tailered to the user not corporate 'visions'.- Switching from MS24
I went from FSX to MSFS 2020 to P3dv5 to XP12. Spent ton of money on each for addons. At this point in time I can't see me ever using msfs again. I still have all 3 installed and running well. Well there's a caveat there. Xp and p3d are installed and running well. I never know when I fire up msfs IF I'm going to get the same experience I did on the last startup. P3d never changes, xp changes subtly but msfs can change wildly and be unusable for days after a mandatory update. I will use p3d again as it has some of my favorite legacy planes. PMDG's 747-8, RealAir props and A2A beauties being my favorite. At the moment XP12 looks fantastic to me with map enhancement and sim heaven. Combined with that gorgeous weather I do not NEED a better looking sim and the interface to actually get me flying is hands down my favorite. Currently using the FF 777 range in XP12 and it makes me want to uninstall my pmdg triples in other sims. Every morning I get up early to do a flight on my current world tour with them. Oops it's that time already later folks...- Rotate MD11 | Short Haul | X-Plane 12 | Real Airbus Captain
OK gotcha now. I still like disconnecting both though personally as with ap off at on if I need adjust pitch up or down suddenly there is a few second delay before the at logic will catch up, whereas with full manual thrust I can adjust both at exactly the same time for smoothness and control. - Not a sim. Farnborough Show 2024. Please move if the forum!