Sign in to follow this  
Conair_Anthony

Flicker on one screen in P3Dv3.4

Hi all,  I've got a bug that's cropped up that's starting to irk me.

Got a system running screens in the following configuration:

[left wing] [left front window]

[right front window] [right wing] [instructor station]

They are configured with a view group, windowed (due to instructor station), with triple buffering and v-sync enabled.  Tried at unlimited FPS, 55fps, and 50 fps.

The right front window flickers sometimes.  Will flicker a number of times in a row, and then nothing for some time.  Very inconsistent.  It's not the whole display, just the P3D window.

Thoughts on what to try next?  None of the other windows show any signs of issue, and my standard solutions are already implemented (3x buff, v-sync, lock frame rate).

Thanks,

Anthony

Loads of people are reporting it, apparently caused by the latest Windows update. Nothing to do with your rig, or settings. Some are pointing the finger at True Glass......

• Like 1

I was having the same issue, rolled back to thr 418.81 nVidia drivers and enables vsync and triple buffering in P3d.  No more screen flashing. 

Your mileage may vary  

Kevin

• Like 1

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

As a temporary solution: VSync + Triple buffering + lock frame rate. But this is only a patch, not a complete solution to the problem. For example, I am not comfortable to fly with the included VSync, but I have to do it. This is not a problem of drivers or your hardware - this is a Windows problem.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Peter Evans said:

Loads of people are reporting it, apparently caused by the latest Windows update. Nothing to do with your rig, or settings. Some are pointing the finger at True Glass......

True Glass has nothing to do with it. I don't have it, but the problems are the same.

Ok, thanks everyone.  I'll take a closer look at my nvidia drivers, and see if I can move forward/backwards with any change in performance.  Oh, and cross my fingers that MS releases an update that fixes their last update...

Also, apologies for the formatting in my original post, i'm not sure what happened there..

Edited by Conair_Anthony
apology