Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Quality Throttle Quadrant for 2/4 engine jets wanted

Hi Ray,

Check out this site, https://www.flightsimpm.com/  I bought their 777 throttle and its excellent.  You can use it for four engine aircraft.  this throttle is life size.  It makes Saitek and the others look like toys.  The brick & morter store is in your part of the world as well.

Gnacino

• Like 1

Thanks @Gnacino, those look interesting. More than I anticipated paying but the hardware has things I would use more often.

I will write to them but would appreciate if you could answer a few questions.

Do they use hall-effect sensors or potentiometers?

How long have you had your 777 unit and has it given you any trouble?

Does it just sit on your desktop or does it need securing?

Is the tension of the throttle levers realistic? I assume it's not adjustable like the VirtualFly TQ6?

Can you provide dimensions please? W x H x D.

I liked the look of the 787 unit but it says "out of stock". I'll ask if it will be available soon.

Many thanks.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

All superb valid questions, Ray, specially to someone who already has it, and for that kind of dosh, much more apt questions.

Unfortunately, unless I hit the 'Big 'Un'. I will console myself reading about you guys reaching..................forgive the pun........for the skies!

Looking at a couple of videos of the 777 quadrant it appears to be made primarily of plastic. That is somewhat disappointing of a unit costing close to 1000GBP.

Where is the money going? Comparing it to the VirtualFly TQ6+ which costs over 350GBP less it must be in the many additional features it has on top of the throttle quadrants. But plastic is a disappointment. Not ruling it out. I'll send them an email.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I've had the throttle for7 months now.  Didn't have any issues with it.  It has fuel control switches, auto throttle cutoff buttons, reverse levers, trim tabs, stabilizer cut off switches, toga buttons, along with the usual levers.  Width is 11",  length is 10" and height is 7" not including the levers.  It is the size of the real throttle of the T7.  Sorry for the US measurements.  I have it screwed down with L brackets on a bench.  No it wasn't cheap but it is a quality product.  I've had a CH throttle, Goflights throttle and Saitek.  Those are toys compared to this.  The levers have a good feel and no, they are not adjustable. I never have pushed the levers in a real T7 so I cannot comment on comparison.  It works with all my aircraft.  I have everything working thru LINDA.  I have looked at other T7 throttles of this caliber and this one was the cheapest.  Andi at Flightsimpm was very good to me, he let me put a deposit on it and pay the balance when it was ready to be shipped.  I was skeptical ordering it from Italy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibmcs493eamg4ez/T7 Flightdeck.jpg?dl=0

Gnacino

Edited by Gnacino
forgot item
  • Like 1

In case you guys haven't seen this...  great write up!

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?faq=what-is-the-vkb-mars-sensor-technology-how-is-it-different-from-hall-effect

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I had a reply from flightsimpm. They don’t use hall-effect, just “quality” pots. The unit is made of plastic which is disappointing given the price. The unit may also need securing as its weight is not heavy enough to stop it moving when the levers are moved.

With so few reviews available it would be taking a substantial risk to order. I’m sitting on the fence until something else comes up. Ideally I would like to see these companies attend the annual flight sim show at RAF Cosford where evaluating these expensive products would be helpful to in making a decision.

@DaveCT2003, most of that went straight over my head and I’m not sure of its relevance to this topic.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I had a reply from flightsimpm. They don’t use hall-effect, just “quality” pots. The unit is made of plastic which is disappointing given the price. The unit may also need securing as its weight is not heavy enough to stop it moving when the levers are moved.

With so few reviews available it would be taking a substantial risk to order. I’m sitting on the fence until something else comes up. Ideally I would like to see these companies attend the annual flight sim show at RAF Cosford where evaluating these expensive products would be helpful to in making a decision.

@DaveCT2003, most of that went straight over my head and I’m not sure of its relevance to this topic.

Ray,

You wrote to me in this thread regarding Hall Effect Sensors, the article (which I thought was pretty good, but I'm a former electronics guy) is titled:

What is the VKB MaRS sensor technology? How is it different from Hall Effect?

Since you were interested in the sensors, I thought I'd provide you with some info on a competing sensor being used in some flight sim joysticks... the MaRs sensor.

Now, I'd argue it is relevant, especially since you cited it brother.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ray,

You wrote to me in this thread regarding Hall Effect Sensors, the article (which I thought was pretty good, but I'm a former electronics guy) is titled:

What is the VKB MaRS sensor technology? How is it different from Hall Effect?

Since you were interested in the sensors, I thought I'd provide you with some info on a competing sensor being used in some flight sim joysticks... the MaRs sensor.

Now, I'd argue it is relevant, especially since you cited it brother.

Dave, the only discussion we’ve had in this topic is the Honeycomb yoke. If that is using that new system it would be relevant. Does it?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather