Sign in to follow this  
Izze

Same settings for GTN 1 and GTN 2

Hi,

is ist possible to load a setting of GTN1 to GTN2 so that you don't have to set all the things two times?

And is there a standard setting that can be used for new A/C that have all the custom settings in?
It is a kind of boring to change settings everytime you use a new A/C and then two times.

Thx!

Check page 5 of the User Manual. I believe you can open the Settings menu, reduce the sim to part screen, use a file manager, and drag and drop an existing RealityXP.GTN.ini file for another aircraft model into the settings menu.  I have not attempted that yet.

Note that aircraft developers do not follow one set of design principles from the SDK.  So some settings may and do vary by aircraft. 

Note also that I am responding in the X-Plane area but am not an XP user.  I believe the function I mention is spread across sim platforms.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

You can indeed drag and drop an ini file into the Configuration Panel but this will only copy settings for a specific device + unit#.  This is meant to quickly copy settings from one aircraft to another. Should you want to do it for both units, you'd have to do it with the configuration panel settings opened for each units respectively.

Otherwise, you just have to:

1. Open the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in notepad
  2. Copy/pate the [GTN_750_1] section and its key = value lines
  3. Rename the copied section as [GTN_750_2]
  4. Adjust its settings for a #2 device.

Also, you could take advantage of the new 'defaults' settings feature (see RXP GTN XPlane manual p11):

1. Configure an aircraft with settings you like for both devices.
  2. Copy the RealityXP.GTN.ini as RealityXP.GTN.defaults.ini
  3. Open the RealityXP.GTN.defaults.ini in notepad and cleanup sections and settings to just keep the settings you want to be set by default.

Now, whenever you'd like to configure an aircraft with the same 'preferred settings', just copy the RealityXP.GTN.defaults.ini file into the aircraft folder. Any key=value in the 'defaults' has precedence over the same key in the 'standard' ini file (and shows a shield icon in the configuration panel).

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)