Recommended Posts

Hi all,

lately I have a strange problem. On the airport LTBA Istanbul I can't get more than 5 FPS anymore. I deactivated really everything I could incl. SODE, GSX and even the default airport. Nothing left there and anyway not more than 5 FPS. If I slew to 1000 ft or so, everything is fine. Also if I slew a bit away from the airfield. 

 

Anyone has any idea? First and only place where that happens to me.

 

5NIDK8v.jpg

This is a pic where the default airport was still active. 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have SH Slim Lights Europe South and Turkey installed? If so, deactive the lights completely or just residantial roads in Turkey and see if it helps.

I had exactly the same problem as you and only in Istabul with Slim lights activated. In other countries and big cities where I have Slim lights activated there is no impact in performance at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, officercrockey said:

Nobody has experienced something similar?

I have tested 3D lights from other publishers and I have the same issue with them and only in Istanbul, so the performance issue is not just related to SH Slim Lights. Without 3d lights in Istanbul, performance is fine with 30+ FPS. But with 3d lights activated and on ground, I have only 1-5 FPS (even without any addons). Really annoying since I have minimum 30 FPS on all other places with 3d lights activated.

Without 3D lights activated

RinLVHP.jpg

With 3D lights activated

rIVKb53.jpg

With 3D lights activated but above ground level

QYum8Rj.jpg

Edited by Niclas

Share this post


Link to post

I had this problem too, and it was also SlimLights.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Niclas said:

I have tested 3D lights from other publishers and I have the same issue with them and only in Istanbul, so the performance issue is not just related to SH Slim Lights. Without 3d lights in Istanbul, performance is fine with 30+ FPS. But with 3d lights activated and on ground, I have only 1-5 FPS (even without any addons). Really annoying since I have minimum 30 FPS on all other places with 3d lights activated.

Without 3D lights activated

RinLVHP.jpg

With 3D lights activated

rIVKb53.jpg

With 3D lights activated but above ground level

QYum8Rj.jpg

 

1 hour ago, sal9000 said:

I had this problem too, and it was also SlimLights.

Hi guys,

 

in the meantime I found out also that the problem indeed was Slimlights. 

But fortunately there is a solution. Go in the Configurator for Turkey and turn off residential lights. Additionally I turned down the primary and secondary lights to 50%. Still looks well enough and the frame rate hit is completely gone. Same thing in Lisbon and Barcelona by the way (although not that extreme). 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/16/2019 at 3:07 PM, Niclas said:

Do you have SH Slim Lights Europe South and Turkey installed? If so, deactive the lights completely or just residantial roads in Turkey and see if it helps.

I had exactly the same problem as you and only in Istabul with Slim lights activated. In other countries and big cities where I have Slim lights activated there is no impact in performance at all.

Sorry, I have totally overlooked your answer. But yes that would have helped me a lot. I finally found out somewhere else but I don't know why I haven't seen your answer... thanks anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now