Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

new VIDEO ...atc..

That nagging feeling I have that FSX isn't going to be all that different from FS9 just keeps growing. And, promos like this one just add to my concerns in that regard. But, time will tell...Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest jboweruk

Let's be honest, at first glance FS9 didn't look 'that' much different from FS2002, but how come then that was when for me NASCAR suddenly took a back seat to FS, now it's boxed and on a shelf gathering dust, dammit, a game I spent months creating a spreadsheet to track season by season success in, and now it's gathering dust. It's because FS9 was once you played it vastly different from FS02, in the same way 02 was from 2000, and for my 2 penneth I think FSX will be again, though at first glance it may not look it. disclaimer: I haven't seen the video yet, I've got another poxy hour of work to go before a 40 minute journey home (at least) then a couple of bits to do before I get near the video on my PC to watch it.All I can say to that is..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Several Quick Observations:ONE of my BIGGEST wishes is clouds you can FLY THROUGH AND AROUND that have a unique shape all the way around, NOT Paper thin billboards. APPARANTLY it looks like the may be there when the Jet is descending and goes by a cloud. I DIDN'T see the cloud rotating which is a GREAT THING.One thing I noticed is the wheels of the ground vehicles show through the buildings on the pan down shot of the terminal. Just mentioning in case ACES wants a bug report.The other thing I noticed is Head Latency and the Capt's head moving in the jet.Other than that, lack of VSYNCH when recording the video and yes choppy as well as same looking multiplayer movements.Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>Let's be honest, at first glance FS9 didn't look 'that' much>different from FS2002, but how come then that was when for me>NASCAR suddenly took a back seat to FS, now it's boxed and on>a shelf gathering dust, dammit, a game I spent months creating>a spreadsheet to track season by season success in, and now>it's gathering dust. It's because FS9 was once you played it>vastly different from FS02, in the same way 02 was from 2000,>and for my 2 penneth I think FSX will be again, though at>first glance it may not look it. >>disclaimer: I haven't seen the video yet, I've got another>poxy hour of work to go before a 40 minute journey home (at>least) then a couple of bits to do before I get near the video>on my PC to watch it.>>All I can say to that is..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!John, I'm a HUGE NASCAR fan and have owned all PC titles since the 90's. Of course the best version was Nascar Racing Season 2003 before EA bought them out. I was also a Grand Prix Legends fan and I recently picked up GT Legends. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR John AND GO GET IT! GTR2 is also coming soon which I can't wait to try out.Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

Guest Racer28

My GOD! What have they been doing the last 3 years?? Shouldnt you be able to tell the difference from last version? (graphics wise) and in addition to that..the flight model stays roughly the same. I hope theres ALOT they havent told us yet, because this is on the way to a HUGE letdown..

That's what I said after I watched the video...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! :-)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest JoJoDawg

Is that a MD-80 sitting at the gate in one of the shots? Looks like another new aircraft for defaults. :) Is the 737 engines out? In the N1 it is showing 0.0 and the egt is moving. Just wondering since when it lands the roar of the engines are there.I thought the vid was great. Only thing I did not like was the way the roll was shown. Looks too cartoonish. Also wonder were all the shots in a multiplayer environment. If so I think the movements are 10x better than now. Also wonder how say Vatsim or Ivao are going to intergrate this in their own or stay seperate. Would have liked to see a shot of the controller screen. Wonder how that looks and operates.

Guest Matt Johnson

Frankly I'm not too sure what it tells us about FSX! But, as a promo for folks other than the "hardcore simmer" it definitely hits the mark; a very amusing promo indeed. :-)

ONE of my BIGGEST wishes is clouds you can FLY THROUGH AND AROUND that have a unique shape all the way around, NOT Paper thin billboards. APPARANTLY it looks like the may be there when the Jet is descending and goes by a cloud. I DIDN'T see the cloud rotating which is a GREAT THING.The clouds in fs9 are 3d shapes (also unique in that they are built using weather settings) the sides are pasted with textures as with any 3d object and you CAN fly through and around them.edit: There is a video near the bottom of the page with more info http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/weather.asp

Bernard

I don't know about that ... ISTM that a guy who takes a stick and headset with him to the Starbuks is not a casual simmer.scott s..

I hear what your saying, but the 'billboard' effect is due to the textures, which were much more apparent in fs2002 (you could see them circling the user in the top down view), fs2004 somewhat fixed this by adding the textures to 3d cloud models and from my flights I am yet to notice any obvious rotation of the clouds when flying around or past them. All of my weather settings are maxed for what its worth with detailed clouds (3d) selected.But I understand that they do appear paper thin when veiwed from the outside of the plane when flying through them. This, however cannot be easily remedied without generating all clouds with a similar technique to LOMAC, ie fully volumetric as far as I am aware.As long as the accepted 'incremental improvements' has applied to weather (as it has done over previous versions) I'll be happy but if not I understand that creating realistic weather is not an easy task. Who knows DX10 may have the answers... :)

Bernard

Guest twsimfan

Online use of 2 seats in the same cockpit was verified by MS at IFC Denver.

I'm actually surprised at most people's dissapointment, I don't know what you're expecting from a promo video. What sort of things are you looking for to distinguish it from fs9? I was actually impressed with the clip, definitely not fs9. Tristan