Sign in to follow this  
andymartin

REX TEXTURE DIRECT 4 FSX QUERIES

Hi, ive recently installed REX 4 texture direct into my FSX,  it all seems to have installed ok,  the textures are all appearing in my correct fsx texture folder etc.  So I create a theme within REX, save it and install it into FSX, that all seems fine.   The question I have is when I open current weather---weather themes in the FSX free flight menu I dont see REX in the list.   All I have is the default options such as Clear skies,  Building storms,  cold fronts, fair weather etc etc.  I do have however, my ORBX weather themes listed and I was expecting to see the REX themes listed similarly.  I mean if I were to create say 10 REX themes how can I choose which one to launch if they dont appear in the FSX menu!?

So does this mean REX themes have somehow not installed into FSX despite the REX themes saying they have installed?  For example, I select grey and rainy in FSX but the clouds dont seem any different to the default FSX, and the rain doesnt sound any different.  

Is there a fix I have missed out on or am I missing something so obvious!?

Many thanks in anticipation

Andy

Could the themes appear under Addons in the upper menu bar?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

22 hours ago, andymartin said:

All I have is the default options such as Clear skies,  Building storms,  cold fronts, fair weather etc etc.

You won't see REX in the list of weather themes options. 

Texture direct is a replacement for the FSX cloud textures among others, so Clear skies, Building storms, etc. will use the cloud textures that REX installed versus the default clouds.

The  textures that are used is the set that you selected in the REX application's Theme option.

So you change the 'look', but not weather scenario, by selecting different theme. 

Typically, replacement weather textures reflect best when used with an add on weather engine, such as Active Sky, FSGRW, etc.

Edited by airernie
  • Like 2

Ernest Pergrem

4 hours ago, airernie said:

You won't see REX in the list of weather themes options. 

Texture direct is a replacement for the FSX cloud textures among others, so Clear skies, Building storms, etc. will use the cloud textures that REX installed versus the default clouds.

The  textures that are used is the set that you selected in the REX application's Theme option.

So you change the 'look', but not weather scenario, by selecting different theme. 

Typically, replacement weather textures reflect best when used with an add on weather engine, such as Active Sky, FSGRW, etc.

thanks for the solid info!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2