Sign in to follow this  
heronimuz

Help needed please!

Hi,

I updated my GTN650 to the new version. Now my screen is black like the device is switched off.
I downloaded again, did a fresh install, reinstalled the aircraft (C152 by Nhadrian). I have now tried too many times.
New installation says 'exceeded activations'. Can you please help? Would like my GTN650 back working.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Good day,

I bought the RXP GTN 650 about a month ago to work with the great Nhadrian C152. It worked perfectly.
Last week I upgraded to the new version. And now I am lost. The screens stays black. I deleted GTN 650 and reinstalled, still black.
Last weekend I decided to post here but I did not get any response probably because I did not give enough system information.
I bought the GTN 750 to go with the REP and default C172 and its MOD. Again just a black screen.

Yesterday I decided to delete my entire X/Plane installation and start all over again fresh.

After re-installing XPlane and the various planes I tried re-installing GTN 650 and 750 but all I get is still black screens.

I have no clue what to do and how to solve this. Can someone please give me directions?
I read on this forum someone who had to tell windows to accept popups (where do I do that and why did it work before).
What am I doing wrong and what am I missing? Please Help.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay, I've just lost track of new posts somehow.

Let's start with the 1st recommended tool at your disposal, documented in the 'troubleshooting' chapter of the GTN User's Manual:

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (See User's Manual for file/path).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I have sent a message to RXP but don't get any feedback.
Where do I need to go to get support? Any feedback on my message would be appreciated. Even if the answer is "sorry we cannot help".

Kindly,

Jeroen

Hi,

You might want to start cross checking whether your post was answered or not prior cross posting? This would be a good start.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Dear Jean-Luc,

Apologies for that. My posts in the forum stayed unanswered. Then I send a message to RXP. Was expecting a reply on that, did not check the forum anymore.
Glad you replied and hop you are able to help!!

The log files:

19/03/23 14:24:51.246 47208 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.14.0
19/03/23 14:24:51.246 47208 INFO ] 

19/03/23 14:24:53.815 47208 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.14.0
19/03/23 14:24:53.814 47208 INFO ] 
19/03/23 14:28:29.871 47208 WARN ] trainer not found

Thanks in advance!!

Jeroen

53 minutes ago, heronimuz said:

19/03/23 14:28:29.871 47208 WARN ] trainer not found

Here is the reason why. Have you installed the Garmin GTN trainer?

I saw that too. Could not find the trainer. But uninstalled trainer and installed it again.

See underneath new log. Unfortunately still black screens both on 650 and 750 in both planes.

19/03/23 16:14:04.624 31664 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.14.0
19/03/23 16:14:04.624 31664 INFO ] 

19/03/23 16:14:07.285 31664 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.14.0
19/03/23 16:14:07.285 31664 INFO ] 
19/03/23 16:15:16.540 23540 INFO ] 

When I run the trainer it only shows the 750. I cannot select the 650

Edited by heronimuz

Are you by any chance installing the trainer "as-admin" instead of just double clicking the installer and/or letting it download and run automatically by the RXP GTN installer? Likewise, are you running XP11 "as-admin"? 

If this is the case, you shouldn't. Please makes sure to search the forum for "as-admin" there are plenty of posts about this.

Otherwise, are you installing the trainer in a different drive/path than default? If this is the case you may want to install it to its default location.

In addition, have you also downloaded and installed the GTN trainer database?

Thanks.

It was installed by the GTN Installer. I am not running anythings as Admin.
I have not changed the default location and it did install the trainer database (at least the installer did it).

I will uninstall everything again Both GTN, all directories and the trainer. Are there any hidden things that I should also uninstall?

Jeroen

Ok so all is supposed to be installed ok.

Can you please read the RXP GTN User's Manual troubleshooting section for anything which applies, like the Intel vs Discrete graphics?

Are you also using any form of post-processing plugin (Reshade or similar)?

The weird thing is that it did work. I initially only had the 650 with Nhadrian's C152. I really really liked it.
It went wrong when I updated to the new version (your new version).
Then I bought the 750 to go with the default C172 Mod since I read about issues with Carenado's planes (Nhadrian's mod has Carenado's base C152).
The 750 has never worked.

I'll remove everything and do a clean install once more.

Jeroen

Unfortunately....... still black screens.
I uninstalled RXP. Uninstalled the trainer. Deleted all the RXP directories.

And installed both the 650 and 750. But unfortunately no good news.
In the trainer I only have the 750 by the way. I installed the 650 first. Checked that only this licence was availabe. And still the trainer only had the 750 device.
After the 650 I installed the 750. But the trainer only shows the 750.

When I run the plugin only the top I can choose until settings. The menu below "reset window" settings stays grey instead of white. So to me it looks like the GTN is not active.

39 minutes ago, heronimuz said:

The menu below "reset window" settings stays grey

Ok and right above this is it telling "Show Window" ? What about clicking on it to actually "show" the window?

And once done, what about clicking 'Reset window' to make sure it is in view (within the XPlane window frame)?

Edited by RXP

Nothing happening with reset. Screen is black and stays black.

I am about to give up on it. I really really have no idea what to do. I have read the manual over and over again. Re-installed at least a dozen times.
I am not a programmer, but to me it looks as if something is kept in some sort of register even after uninstalling. And when it its re-installed again it does not start with fresh settings.

Jeroen