Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

Quick question with fuel load

Does anyone else have the issue of saving a flight..then reloading and the airplane is back to being fully topped off? 100% Fuel every time I load it. Is there a way i can have it save my fuel load so If I want to tanker into 3 or 4 airports with precisely the right amount of fuel it will save where I had the tanks? Or is this a P3dv4 thing? 

On 3/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, chevelle505 said:

Does anyone else have the issue of saving a flight..then reloading and the airplane is back to being fully topped off? 100% Fuel every time I load it. Is there a way i can have it save my fuel load so If I want to tanker into 3 or 4 airports with precisely the right amount of fuel it will save where I had the tanks? Or is this a P3dv4 thing? 

The fuel state is not saved as far as I know. You would have to note the fuel total each time you shutdown and reload according for the next leg.

EDIT: The above is incorrect.  A Saved Flight saves the fuel also.

Al

Edited by ark

Ok, so its a P3d limitation? Thats nuts because even old fsx would save your panel state and fuel load. In other words on a long flight and your computer or p3d crashes, autosave doesnt really help when you have to scramble to turn everything back on mod air and re adjust your fuel so your not over landing weight...seems like with all the advancements of p3d something like that would have been solved. Thanks anyway Al!

On 3/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, chevelle505 said:

Ok, so its a P3d limitation? 

I can't speak definitively wrt P3d, but I do know it is a coding consequence of the flexibility the Payload Manager provides. The new flexible fuel loading system requires variables be initialized on start up.

Edit: This has been fixed. A Saved Flight will save the fuel load.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi.  I've noticed that the fuel can me managed/adjusted using the sims built in payload & fuel tool.  So after loading a saved flight, you can quickly just adjust the fuel via the sim.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Well yeah, i suppose you could. Its my understanding that its not a good idea in general with aircraft like this and pmdg ect that have their own fuel management tools to use the sim. also, kind of a pain to remember what all 6 tanks had in them at the time your computer crashed hehe. just really wish there was a way to have the sim save the fuel load. My PMDG 747, as complex as she is, saves the fuel load as it was left. As far as crashes, thats really the main reason im asking. had my computer lock up on a flight, loaded the autosave and everything was fine except for the fact that all of the sudden im 7600lbs heavier that I was at FL360. Sure, I can roughly subtract that but the feeders hold different levels at any given time than the mains. you could just divide 7600 by 6 (3 mains and 3 feeders) and subtract that, but this throws your cg off if im not mistaken. it really is a bigger issue than it seems at face value...basically, 4 hours into a 5 hour flight your computer or p3d has a hickup and your entire flight (as far as calculating fuel and cg) is waisted, sure you can throw in some arbitrary numbers but that defeats the purpose of a simulator, not to mention all the planning that went into it. would be neat if flysimware could at least just take a quick look into it and see if theres a work around. just a thought.