Sign in to follow this  
cyyzrwy24

HOW TO CLOSE OTHER ADD-ONS

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

This Lorby organizer really makes things easy, clean and simple with sceneries and add-ons, took me sometime to figure few thing out but overall great tool and help (not to mention flashlight addition, without flashlight I was going banana every time entering C/D cockpit at night).

 I finally found sometime to experiment with Lorby's organizer...  Wanted to make add-ons (AS4, VFAS, LNAVMap) to start together with Sim and I made it with .EXE in tools, but when I finish with sim they don't close together, so not sure what and where to change that option if possible. Not a big deal but would like that to work. Or maybe I should just close after the flight and leave it at that. Not sure. 

Also, now since is easy using Lorby's tool and importing and installing scenery, without using installer, I am just wandering what happens with texture? I installed yesterday scenery, it's working but I haven't touched texture, but everything looks great. So now I stumbled with this since I always use installer....This is the first scenery (APT) I have without installer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

and I made it with .EXE in tools,

Not sure I understand that one. The correct way is to add them as "other addons" in P4AO. I'm not sure about shutting down, I guess that depends on the type of addon. If you start a normal Windows program that way, I wouldn't expect it to shut down when the sim does. It might, but I don't think so. Simulator addons using SimConnect are another matter, but the developer has to make that shutdown happen too. I had to implement this with my own addons, those that connect automatically to the sim.

Quote

it's working but I haven't touched texture

...and that is correct. You target the folder above "\scenery" and "\texture" to define a "scenery area". The simulator will use the textures in a scenery area automatically if they are there.

You would only add textures as a separate addon component when you want them available globally, to the whole sim, not only in that scenery. For example when adding a texture replacement like Rex Global Airports, FScene, Orbx Fs Global, Rex4 Texture Direct etc. all those texture files can be kept separate from your simulator, and you would link them with an Addon.Component of category "texture".

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Wanted to make add-ons (AS4, VFAS, LNAVMap) to start together with Sim and I made it with .EXE in tools, but when I finish with sim they don't close together, so not sure what and where to change that option if possible. Not a big deal but would like that to work. Or maybe I should just close after the flight and leave it at that. Not sure. 

TMBK, you need a separate program that shuts them down, like SimStarter.

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

...and that is correct. You target the folder above "\scenery" and "\texture" to define a "scenery area". The simulator will use the textures in a scenery area automatically if they are there.

Thanks Oliver for quick respond.....

Using P4AO I installed only scenery from the folder and gave me area XXX and Active, all good, matches all other scenery entries.... but I haven't used or (targeted) texture, not sure I understood correctly. Can I go to add scenery and choose texture instead? Sorry too bug you. 

9 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

TMBK, you need a separate program that shuts them down, like SimStarter.

Thanks....I guess something like that needed to work....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Using P4AO I installed only scenery from the folder and gave me area XXX and Active, all good, matches all other scenery entries.... but I haven't used or (targeted) texture, not sure I understood correctly. Can I go to add scenery and choose texture instead? Sorry too bug you. 

If you have this folder structure:

F:\MyAddons\MyScenery\Scenery
F:\MyAddons\MyScenery\Texture

you add "F:\MyAddons\MyScenery" as scenery addon. That's it. You don't navigate to the lower tier "\Scenery".

This is no different to how it always was, just the config file has changed. You added scenery to the scenery.cfg exactly the same way. The simulator finds the texture folder automatically.

Remember that you don't have to create a new add-on.xml for every scenery. You can add multiple sceneries (and other addons of any kind) to the same add-on.xml - that is why you have the option to select an existing one when adding new components.

Best regards

 

Edited by Lorby_SI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

you add "F:\MyAddons\MyScenery" as scenery addon. That's it. You don't navigate to the lower tier "\Scenery".

Got it Oliver, thanks....I will uninstall what I've done, and create new folder that will contain both sub-folders, scenery and texture....Ever since I installed P4AO I forgot base things...lol

Thanks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this