P3D V4.4 DXGI Error Device Hung

Hi,

I recently upgraded my PC such that the specs are:

I7-9700k

GTX 2070

2 x 8 GB RAM

450W Bronze+ PSU

250 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

But whenever I try to use P3D (V4.4), after about 3 hours or so of flying, I get a dxgi error device hung, and I've been trying to find a solution  but nothing seems to work. Things I've tried include:

DDU, and a clean install of drivers, making sure to not install geforce experience

MSI afterburner limiting the GPU power to 95%

Slightly underclocking the GPU

Not overclocking the cpu

I'm not sure what else to do, any input would be appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The problem is caused by the MSI afterburner software.  Get rid of it and you will never have this problem again.

The msi afterburner was added after the problem started to happen, so it can't be that

Strange! I've had that same error associated with my 1080ti on my last 2 flight in the PMDG 777. That would be my last two flights. The P3D GUI gives and warning and gives the option to close, ignor or cancel. I think. Wasn't paying enough attention. I will if and when it happens again. I don't have afterburner installed but I do have ASUS GPU TweakII installed which I guess is the same thing.

It is the only known solution.  There are no other solutions other than to RMA your video card.  See all of the pinned topics in this forum for more information. 

I've found a solution which has allowed it to complete two full (11 hour) flights, which was msi afterburner limiting power to 80%, turning off vsync and limiting frames to 30

• Like 1