rup25

P3D problems

Hi

I'm a former user of FSX. I never got that satisfying action using that sim, so a year ago I
decided to go over to P3D hoping for a better performance, but here again I
struggles with the same problem.

Here's my data:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1050T

RAM
16.0GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)

motherboard
ASRock 870 Extreme3 (CPUSocket)

Graphics
NV Surround (5760x1080 @ 59Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte)

I'm using three monitors.

I've tried a lot of different settings, but no one working to my satisfaction.

I would like to hear if others had the same problem and found a solution?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

24 minutes ago, rup25 said:

Hi

I'm a former user of FSX. I never got that satisfying action using that sim, so a year ago I
decided to go over to P3D hoping for a better performance, but here again I
struggles with the same problem.

Here's my data:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1050T

RAM
16.0GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)

motherboard
ASRock 870 Extreme3 (CPUSocket)

Graphics
NV Surround (5760x1080 @ 59Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte)

I'm using three monitors.

I've tried a lot of different settings, but no one working to my satisfaction.

I would like to hear if others had the same problem and found a solution?

Although this should be best posted in the P3D forum, I feel the culprit is your CPU, I just do not feel it is enough to do a three monitor gig when it comes to P3DV4 (I am assuming you have V4).  I run on an Intel 3.6 cpu and I get smooth performance, but I have a single monitor setup.  I can run with everything toasted except for AI, which I keep at 50 pct, admittedly my system is not capable of running with full AI although in Xplane11 it is, everything is maxed in that sim and my performance is about 15-25 percent better there than P3DV4, yet I enjoy both sims, going for several weeks with P3D, then several weeks with Xplane, or firing them both up in the same day depending on which aircraft I wish to fly.

I wish I can be more helpful, P3D is still cpu centric and clock speed is important to get where you want to be.  I have only had one AMD machine in my household, given to my wife and daughter for Christmas, and it was just not on par with Intel, a very slow machine given a higher clock speed at that.  So I gave my wife my Intel laptop which she loves, gave it to her after our divorce because we still exchange gifts and have dinners at times, and I gave my daughter an Intel laptop which she uses for college study and gaming.  I am sure there are some good AMD happy campers out there, but I was not impressed with the machine I gave my wife and daughter, it could not even play video without stuttering despite having an able graphics card.

John

Posted (edited)

I'm afraid John's right, There is really nothing much you can do short of replacing the motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Are you sure that your GPU is a 1070? I was under the impression that these cards have 8GB VRAM?