M-S-M

GTN750 in VR using Mouse

Hello all,

I have looked for the answer to this in a few places already, including asking RXP directly, and so far it has not yielded a definitive answer...

Can anyone with actual first hand experience please confirm whether or not the touchscreen interface of the latest GTN 750 that is embedded in the 3d cockpit model works with the x-plane 11 native VR 3d mouse pointer yet?  I have found threads where it suggests the VR touch controllers now work for the embedded in cockpit GTN 750 interface (as opposed to the popup window), but I have not seen a specific confirmation that this also works with the 3d mouse.

I would appreciate a definitive answer one way or the other as I would very much like to purchase this module, but I really don't want to end up having to use the popup interface to work the thing as that will be a big immersion killer for me.

Thanks,

M-S-M

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It does not. The only way to manipulate is as a VR pop up. I hope this issue can be fixed in the future. 

• Like 1

@snaparaz thank you for shedding some light on this one. As a matter of fact it is not much an 'issue to be fixed', rather it is a 'missing feature in X-Plane'. As of today, there is still no SDK support for plugins to get notifications from the VR controller nor  the VR mouse (I was hoping the VR mouse would be internally treated as a VR controller but it seems not). We achieve VR controller support in separately intercepting the VR controller commands while monitoring the 3D coordinates of the virtual controller pointer, but there is no 'virtual 3D mouse coordinates' to track otherwise.