Sign in to follow this  
Squidwe3D

Shiny And Blurry Engine Blade Quailtywings 787

Hey guys. I had some problems with P3V4 4.4 so I went back to 4.3 and that is when everything started to fall apart. As soon as I installed the QW 787 again. The engine blade went blurry and shiny. I'll provide some screenshots here, I tried everything. Reinstalling QW 787, restoring the shaders. Everything. I went out of ideas and I went back to P3DV4 4.4 because I thought maybe it was the tomato shade on the PBR version that is messing things up. But I was wrong, I reinstalled the QW 787 after updating to 4.4 and the PBR works but the engine blade is still shiny and blurry. If someone have ANY idea what it could be please post a comment.

Thanks ahead.

Yoav.

https://imgur.com/a/prfJZnZ

https://imgur.com/a/kUG1zMc       

Edited by Squidwe3D

The newest version of the 787 uses PBR, so it will not work correctly in v4.3. However, to use PBR in v4.4, you need to update both the client and the content of the sim. Did you do this? Furthermore, after switching versions, rebuilding the shaders is almost a must. Did you do that? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just now, AnkH said:

The newest version of the 787 uses PBR, so it will not work correctly in v4.3. However, to use PBR in v4.4, you need to update both the client and the content of the sim. Did you do this? Furthermore, after switching versions, rebuilding the shaders is almost a must. Did you do that? 

Thanks for replying! Yes I updated the client and the content to 4.4. I didn't try rebuilding the shaders tho. I'll try that right now. I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

The screenshots do not show an issue.  Look like mine.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

34 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

The reflection is because the metallic map hasn't been edited to remove the shine from that part of the texture on the stock textures

Any ideas on how to edit that and remove it from the engine blade?

Thanks ahead

I'm not home until evening. If its not taking a lot of time to do that is there any chance someone can do it for me and send me the file? I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks again for responding.

Or maybe if its taking a lot of time to do that. Just send me the files that are need to be replaced if it works correctly for you.

Just have find out that the problem is also happening on the GE engine.

Edited by Squidwe3D

It would be nice if you also share this info in the official QW forums, as this might be an easy fix for them in the next update...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS