Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

Tomato Shade

Hi,

I was wondering should I apply the shaders while P3D is running or not?

Also should I load the aircraft in night on default airport with clear whether  and then apply the shaders,also do I need to load a shader profile every time or is it saved?

Thanks,

No, you apply it before starting P3D. If you're using the reflections, after applying it on the first run, you start up at night, in a default airport, in clear weather and wait until the shader cache has been created. You do all these steps just once, after that you can start and fly normally.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

13 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

No, you apply it before starting P3D. If you're using the reflections, after applying it on the first run, you start up at night, in a default airport, in clear weather and wait until the shader cache has been created. You do all these steps just once, after that you can start and fly normally.

Thanks

Actually that is no longer the case for shaders and 4.5. You can assign a key event in P3d to refresh the shaders so you inspect your changes on the fly

eg, have P3d 4.5 running, your shader app also, tweak your shaders through the app and then press your assigned key to force P3d to rebuild/refresh its shader folder. Check your results and keep tweaking

an excellent part of 4.5, and suspect a necessity for the upcoming REX product

Edited by kand
  • Upvote 1