Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

Using ActiveSky

I just installed ActiveSkyXP. The weather data in the XP Flight Configuration/Weather setup screen matches what ActiveSkyXP is reporting, but the wx reported by P2A is different. I have P2A configured to use "Sim Weather" and the location set to the XP root folder. Am I missing something? Thanks for your assistance.

If using Active Sky, you need to select Active Sky as the weather source in P2A and point P2A  to the folder where Active Sky stores its weather file.

I have AS for FSX set up that way, and it works fine, but as far as I can understand from the (not very good) instructions for the XP version of AS, AS sends writes wx data to METAR.rwx in the XP root folder. Is that right? If not, where's the XP that folder I need to point P2A to?

Active Sky for XP should put the file you need in c:\users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS_XPL\Weather and the file name is current_wx_snapshot.txt