Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Advice needed with trouble shooting

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would be surprised if you could set your settings higher.. if you do not have a problem, you do not need this tool..

It is meant to give you slightly more headroom than you might otherwise have..

Still experimenting.. :wink:

That's what I'm thinking too, but any experience from you guys would help!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guys, thanks all for your help: PROBLEM SOLVED

And the winners:

On 4/24/2019 at 12:15 PM, Bert Pieke said:

TE NL was updated recently and more complex scenery objects added..

I had to uncheck a number of items in the FTX Config app for this scenery to get back my earlier performance, maybe this happened to you also..

On 4/24/2019 at 9:07 AM, AnkH said:

Last thing you can try: go into your TE Netherlands config within FTX Central and untick "sheds". Does this change anything for good?

Besides that: can you post the content of your prepar3d.cfg here? Somewhere you have an issue that is not "normal", as I do not have any issues with TE Netherlands when using locked FPS.

Next guess: do you have Acronis Active Protection installed? (Comes with Acronis True Image 2019)

You two were completely right. Disabling a bunch of TE NL options, among them extrusion bridges, greenhouses and sheds, and I'm once again happily flying over TE NL without blurries!

Like you two alluded to, the last time I flew over TE NL was back in November, and TE NL was still at v1.0. Subsequently I updated to v1.1 and forgot about it, until now. The blurries were caused most likely by one of, or a combination of, these these three options. Right now, everything look nice. I've been cruising over the province of Flevoland at 10.000ft for the past 10 minutes without a hickup and the scenery looks pristine.

However, of course I did buy FFTF Dynamic in the process of troubleshooting. I haven't actually used it yet, bu I can't wait to give it a whirl around LAX.

Anyway, thanks to all of you, this was a very insightful process for me!

EDIT: After landing at EHAM, decided to run FFTF Dynamic while taxiing. And wow, taxiing around the airport is actually smooth. Gave me back a solid 5-7FPS. Seems small, but it makes a huge difference... I'll probably do some testing to strike a good balance with respect to how FFTF changes depending on altitude.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Jupp, FFTF Dynamic does wonders when using heavy load scenarios without turning down the sliders. I too only use it where necessary, as for slow and low VFR flying, FFTF Dynamic does not change that much.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS