jam3215

Loud ai only in cockpit

The AI volume when in the virtual cockpit is unbareably loud to the point you cannot here the aircraft you are in, but it is only in the cockpit that the AI volume is too loud. Is there any way to fix this? Only turning down the engine sound in sound settings turns it down. I'd rather have no AI sound that what is going on. 

Hope someone can help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried adjusting the Environment sound level?

If you are turning down the Engine sound in your settings, then that's your engine sound, not AI.

Please trust me they are the AI sound. I am as baffled as you as to why AI sounds are under engine sound as they never used to be.

You're not using soundAI as the sound package for your aircraft?

sound.JPG

I found that some 3rd party AI have their own AI sound files. For example ORBX AI aircraft, if using any of their AI packs. 

I must admit the sound is great when plane spotting from an airport fence line but very annoying if sitting in your own aircraft where you would expect not to be able to hear another AI aircraft starting up on the other side of the airport.

I assume it’s a SIM limitation so I had to find an AI sound file that’s acceptable (low volume) then go delete all the ORBX AI aircraft sound files and replace them with the acceptable file.

Now I have quiet AI again.

IM