Sign in to follow this  
PapaCharlieKilo

Win 10 1809 network problems - AivlaSoft EFB

After finishing my new build and Setting everything up I have encountered a Problem I can't solve, even after Hours of Google and Forum searches.

I'm using AivlaSoft's EFB with the Client on a Laptop.
Apparently MS has Chosen to discontinue homegroups, which was how I was running the System without Problems until now.

To this date I managed to connect the two PCs, so each Shows up on the other and has Access to all required files.
But no matter what I do, Server and Client do never establish a Connection.

Am I missing something? Am I doing anything wrong?

Help highly appreciated!

Best regards, Peter

Have you set up a static IP address for each computer. Computer will change them on fresh restarts if not.

Can you pass files from one computer to another?

Edited by bursco

Peter,

I have a W10 running the EFB server and a W7 computer running the client. No homegroups. Have you entered the correct IP address of the server into the client settings? The server info window shows the IP address.

Also, have you installed all three versions of SimConnect on the client and checked the correct IP address in SimConnect.cfg in MyDocuments? EFB only uses one but I don’t know which.

If you continue to have problems then a post on the EFB forum is probably best.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Peter,

make sure the services below are set to automatic :

Function Discovery Provider Host
Function Discovery Resources
SSDP Discovery
UPNP Device Host