Sign in to follow this  
StewartH

Auto fuel transfer switch

Does this switch really work?  Has it ever worked?  No matter if I select "auto", I still get a indication on the annunciator panel that I have a fuel imbalance, so I have to manually switch to the opposite tank.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I don't think that this switch was ever operational. AFAIK, if you load the plane and you don't touch the fuel selector it will default to 'both' and hence no imbalance.

34 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I don't think that this switch was ever operational. AFAIK, if you load the plane and you don't touch the fuel selector it will default to 'both' and hence no imbalance.

Thank you, sir.  Another Carenado puzzler, I guess.  I flew this bird in FSX a couple of years ago (have since switched over to P3D), and I seem to remember this to be the case, now that you mention it.  Thanks again.

Stew

Stew

The annoyance of remembering to switch tanks is why I fly Cessna, IRL. It's one of the main reasons I won't ever own a Piper product. But with Carenado's programming glitch, I can fly them virtually without being bothered. 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rightseat said:

The annoyance of remembering to switch tanks is why I fly Cessna, IRL. It's one of the main reasons I won't ever own a Piper product. But with Carenado's programming glitch, I can fly them virtually without being bothered. 🙂

IIRC, the Carenado Cheyenne II doesn't suffer this glitch.  In fact there is no provision to switching tanks at all.  Frankly, I like the Cheyenne better than this Malibu anyway.

Stew