Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Low FPS in Paris area, experimenting and interesting discovery

So I bought the Orly scenery today and got a less than desirable performance outcome (in terms of low FPS and/or stuttery simulation using the A320 FSLabs). Even taking out the eye-candy options available in the "control panel" of the scenery, which normally for other high quality sceneries work nicely, but not this case. So after a long time I tried changing P3D v4.5 internal graphic settings, and although I wasn't able to get 30 FPS (as locked inside P3D) in that area (at least without lowering significantly the settings, which I did not) I noticed that neither any of my CPU cores (8700K HT OFF 5 GHz) nor my GPU (1080 Ti) were running at 100% load! I found it so intriguing, since I had the idea (and as memory serves me right) that when the FPS gets lower than what it's supposed to be delivering it's because either the CPU or the GPU would be bottlenecked.

By the way, a few days ago I tried adopting the approach of external FPS limiting via the Riva Tuner application, but it didn't give me a stutter-free experience, on the contrary, it also gave me lacking autogen as the flight evolved (P3D internal locker at unlimited). Pretty much the same outcome as when I was using NVI external FPS limiter.

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

2 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I bought the Orly scenery today and got a less than desirable performance outcome

From the LFPO manual:

'If you are using an addon scenery for LFPG, please deactivate it when
using our LFPO scenery (and vice-versa when flying to/from LFPG).'

Paris area, like London, Toronto, New York and a few others, is heavy by default.
I don't know if you have the Taxi2Gate LFPG installed and active, but if you do, remember that having two huge airports in this area at the same time will hit performance.
Even more so if you are using AI traffic (hence the option in the LFPO configurator to deactivate LFPG traffic).

3 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

but it didn't give me a stutter-free experience, on the contrary, it also gave me lacking autogen as the flight evolved (P3D internal locker at unlimited). Pretty much the same outcome as when I was using NVI external FPS limiter.

This is b/c if you have the FPS limiter off in game the FFTF defaults to .01 and you will eventually lose autogen in many situations.  This has been demonstrated by Rob A in a few videos and confirmed by Beau from LM.  You have to set it at 60 or below for FFTF to have any meaning  

As for RTSS, try to use exactly half your monitor refresh rate to 1/1000th and then turn on some type of VSync. Either Nvidia fast or in game Vsync/TB.

Also the hotfix for v4.5 sounds like it will help with heavy autogen situations, some of your performance issues might be related to whatever “bug” or “gremlin” is going on in v4.5