Sign in to follow this  
lugard

OC stability test - temps ok?

Hi all,

Once more summoning the knowledge of the expert people of this forum.

My question is regarding OC, I have a 6700k, I managed to get it to 4.8 Ghz at 1.392V and after stress testing with AIDA extreme overnight, I got to these temperatures (See linked image) I was wondering if you think these are acceptable temperatures after 13 hrs of testing and if it's safe to mantain this OC, considering my system is 100% dedicated to flight sim, so no productivity tasks, or other intensive processes.

https://imgur.com/ftj7rLx

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

27 minutes ago, lugard said:

Hi all,

Once more summoning the knowledge of the expert people of this forum.

My question is regarding OC, I have a 6700k, I managed to get it to 4.8 Ghz at 1.392V and after stress testing with AIDA extreme overnight, I got to these temperatures (See linked image) I was wondering if you think these are acceptable temperatures after 13 hrs of testing and if it's safe to mantain this OC, considering my system is 100% dedicated to flight sim, so no productivity tasks, or other intensive processes.

https://imgur.com/ftj7rLx

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Should be OK, i use AIDA64, Cinebench R15 its fast and hard on the CPU, then i RUN 3Dmark Time Spy its a DX12 bench the Cpu test is hard, if you pass all this you ar fine to run P3D or XP11 stable.

Those numbers seem fine to me.  I was watching the numbers during simming after overclock and finally just said forget about it and fly.  If the processor burns out then I will just have to upgrade.  LOL.

These are okay. My OC peaks at 89c using RealBench Stress Test for 15 mins and I run 10 pass of their benchmark test. Do a long haul, if you can do 10 hours in the sim, it's good to go! 😄 

Thank you all for your input, did a few more tests with cinebench and 3Dmark, all good! Does a couple of short hauls also with no issue, so I think it's stable! or if not as Mark said, let it burn and it'll be time for an upgrade haha.

Thanks all again

Chris