Sign in to follow this  
DjYing

Night lighting loading/popping in very slowly?

Hi all, I'm using 4.4 but still have problems with night lighting (FTX Lights). It's loading in way too slow, which causes me to see it popping in at lower altitudes. In the picture you can see what I mean, there's way too few night lights.

Is there a setting which causes it to load in faster? I have 0 problems with regular texture loading.

63riHxL.jpg

50 minutes ago, DjYing said:

No-one else has this issue with slowly loading night lights?

I personally do not have this issue but I think ORBX lights are tied to autogen.  What is your autogen distance slider set to in the sim?  I also have OpenLC though which adds road lighting and I can generally see lights very far out.  Do you run the ORBX light configurator?  If so, maybe see if setting a smaller light size helps.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I personally do not have this issue but I think ORBX lights are tied to autogen.  What is your autogen distance slider set to in the sim?  I also have OpenLC though which adds road lighting and I can generally see lights very far out.  Do you run the ORBX light configurator?  If so, maybe see if setting a smaller light size helps.

I have it set to Medium, but when i'm close enough to the ground all the lights are there, it's just that they pop in/load too slowly

Edited by DjYing

Same as the issue with the autogen slowly loading. There have been many threads on this subject that you can see. You have to set a higher FFTF setting in order to stop this but it will naturally cost you some FPS.