Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

a problem after FT Vegas addon.cmd install

Hi 

I updated my FT Vegas to 1.1 and afterwards no scenery was added to P3dV4.

I tried to manually place it in scenery.cfg as we are used to but was told to remove it and install it in the new way. Emilios has a p3 command file to hit.

Afterwards still no entry to P3Dv4 and no failures loading p3dv4 but i do get this from your software

https://ibb.co/FDc7j72

If i hit ignore i am back with all my previos scenerys in your software.

Do you know what has happened ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Posted (edited)

Hello Michael,

looks like a package reference has been added to the add-ons.cfg file in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" using the P3D CLI, that is pointing to the default Windows execution directory. Unfortunately I have no idea what installer they are using or what their tool does, so I can't really help you.

My best guess is, that this could be happening when you have a non-standard installation of P3D where the registry entry designating the program path to P3D is either missing or invalid, and the installer defaults to the directory where it is being executed (the script is most likely executed by C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe, hence the reference to that path). Or maybe the script is looking for their own installation path and can't find it or runs into an error state.

Try to find out where the real add-on.xml for this product is - probably where the scenery is located too. Then you can either add this package using P4AO (latest version) or you correct the packages' path manually in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg" (be mindful to use a proper editor for this).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

Thanks alot. You are right about the location of the add-on.xml. Its located in the flytampa folder for that scenery. 

Its my first time to see this. Should i do something before trying to add via your excellent software? 

Havent tried to add anything via your software yet.

Thanks Michael Moe 

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks alot. You are right about the location of the add-on.xml. Its located in the flytampa folder for that scenery. 

Its my first time to see this. Should i do something before trying to add via your excellent software? 

Havent tried to add anything via your software yet.

Thanks Michael Moe 

Hello Michael,

Make sure to use the latest version of P4AO, which is 1.40 b06

When you get the message above, press "Ignore" - you want to lose the broken package. Then press "Save". Now you go to the "Packages" tab and press the "Add" button below the treelist. On the following explorer dialog, navigate to where the add-on.xml is and press "Open". Package will be added, and you must "Save" again. Close P4AO and start the simulator.

Best regards

Posted (edited)

Holy moly. That worked brilliantly. 

Thanks alot again. Not quite sure what i did but adding that file in your packages area made the differents. 

Now where can i donate a small fee. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe